News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

How do you adjust the different cymbals zones gain values?

Started by Devious123, March 09, 2016, 01:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devious123

The drum channels
CYMB1-3
have an
additional GAIN parameter
for the bell signal.
First,  set  the  GAIN  value  (number)  for  the  zone  “bow”  so  that  the  hardest  stroke
triggers no bell sound. Then you can press the DATA knob to adjust the GAIN value for
the zone “cup”.

Ok just wondering this because I've never figured out how to adjust the zones gains separately from each other, now that i have a drum rack it is more tricky to get the cymbals set right with out false triggers. Now when the manual refers to the data knob is it talking about the one that switches between settings (L)ow, (m)id, and (H)igh, or is it referring to a different button else ware?

Coda

AFAIK the 'Data Knob' means one of the three rotary knobs which change the parameter they are currently talking about.
Just a clarification, you can't adjust the zones separately from each other you can only change the sensitivity of the bell in relation to the bow, that's what the LMH is for.
I'm not using any 2box cymbals, but my single zone ride (piezo in bell) is connected on cym2 using the Cym trigger type, and I can get bell and bow reasonably differentiated by changing this LMH parameter.

Devious123

Ok it's not that i didn't get the the bell, and bow separate from each other. That first paragraph to me implies that you can (to me) that it is possible to adjust the zones independently from each other. I got that first paragraph from the manual. I don't know maybe I'm crazy.  :animal: