News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

pros and cons about new rubber pads

Started by crosstix73, January 23, 2016, 01:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crosstix73

I  am  wanting  to  know  as  much  info  about  the  new  rubber  pads  that  come  with  the  2box kits?
anyone  can  leave  their  opinion  about  why  they  like,or  dislike  them.
mainly  I  need  this  info ,cuz  iam  wondering  if  im  gonna  need  to  replace  them ,once  I  purchase  my  new  2box  kit.
thank  you  for  anyones  response  about  this  subject.
wanting  to  know  how  thick  the  rubber  is,and  what  they  might  be  similar  to ,aswell.

JoeMcc

The rubber surface is just over 3/16 inch thick and glued to a plastic disk.  I converted my kit to mesh but actually have the rubber pad in the snare.  I will probably put the mesh back in soon as it is much easier on the hands.  They are similar to playing the older Yamha pads but harder than say a Roland PD-8.

JoeMcc

BTW, I'm using the 682 (2ply) mesh.  I did have one that didn't fit right and they quickly replaced it.  I also have a pearl muffle head on my Mapex snare and can't say I really prefer the 2-ply, but I'm not as picky as some people.  :)

Joe McC

crosstix73

thank  you  for   the  info.
the  only  Yamaha  pads  I  am  famillar   with, are  the  tp 100  that  come  on  the  dtxtreme  III.
wich  I  mainly  hate , for  they  are  like  hitting    hard  wood  practice  pad, and  are  really  loud.
gman  says  he  playedthem  at  namm.
said  the  toms  felt  like   less  dense , than  snare .
wich  was  more  dense  and  snappy  feeling, than  toms .it  sounds  like  I  might  like  the  feel  of  the  snare  pad, that  comes  with  new  2box  kit.
that's  what  I  hate  about  the  yammy  new  tcs  12  pad.
its  not  solid  and  snappy , like  a  actual  snare  drum.
did  you  buy  2box  with  new  rubber  pads?
or  did  you  order  just  1  for  the  snare?
I  am  blind.
that's  why  I  need  more  info  on  how  they  feel  and  look. a