News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rubber heads??

Started by Drumster, February 21, 2016, 08:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumster

Apparently 2Box kits sold in USA are shipped with "rubber heads". It's something to do with Roland's patent nonsense. Oddly, they ship in Canada with mesh heads.
But I'd l;ike to know what these rubber heads are all about.. are they louder than mesh (pretty hard not to be) and how do the feel compared to mesh or mylar?

Would be good to hear from anyone who's experienced the rubbers and can compare to mesh etc.
Cheers...

Darthsleader

Old thread here, but since no one replied...

I'm using the rubber heads right now. They are, to my ear, slightly louder than mesh (though not as loud as the rubber Roland PD pads). They feel pretty good, the snare especially (since I'm accustomed to a pretty tight tension there already). The toms have some "give" but I wish they were softer. The bass drum is the weak spot with the rubber heads. It's waaaay too hard to have a realistic feel. I replaced it with mesh right away. I also have ordered the 682 mesh heads for the rest of the drums. The rubber is ok, but it's just too hard for my taste. If there were some way for the rubber heads to have variable tension, that might be the best solution. As it is, they're on top of a hard disk, so you don't have control of the head tension.

Jer