News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Poor stand :(

Started by ber0ni, July 27, 2009, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrommelTheo

I´ve tested the Kit today in Paderborn... it sounds great, unfortunalty (is it right written?*lol*) i ´ve had no time to make a good lineup of teh Set to play it like i normaly do...
But!!!!!
PLEASE!!!!
let the HiHat Stand and BD-Pedal away from the Kit, this things hurts, cause they remember me to my first Drumset in 1982 for over 1.000 German Marks (was  very much money in that time, like 3.000 Euro now and for a Drum you would get for 200 Euros today!!!)  and that Pedal have been much better than that one of the Drumit 5!!! That are only Toys, nothing to use on a Drum. ::)
The Rack... mh, many ppl told that the Rack is not that stable. If you will have a heavy underground like Betonfloor it will work, but i don´t think that it will do on a wooden stage in a Party-Tent. If you take the left end of the rack and shake it to left and right, the hole system swings very ugly.  :'(
The Tomholder-Balls (this black one Balls) are made in hard PVC (Polyvinylchlorid) so i´m afraid, they will break down in a few years, Polyurethan (not the foam) would be a better material. ???
The Pads are very solid, they weigth more than i ´ve guessed   ;) and no Pylons in the middle  ;D they are playable very good.

So if 2Box will do something to this Points it will be a Kit that is not only a Roland and Yammy-Beater in playability and sounds. So i Have to say: GO! 2Box!

Theo

ber0ni

Quote from: TrommelTheo on August 18, 2009, 09:25:05 PM

PLEASE!!!!
let the HiHat Stand and BD-Pedal away from the Kit

I totally agree with Theo on this...bring the price up & add some quality HiHat & pedal, or leave them out of kit and drop the price ;)

TrommelTheo

No, I don´t agree with you, berOni, Footpedal and HiHat - Stand are mor an individual thing, so it would be better to sell it without Pedal and Stand.
It is necessary to give the Set a good and stabel Rack and massive Tomholder and Screws!!!

Theo

TrommelTheo

BTW:
never the less: I still wanna have one!!!!!  ;D

Theo

ber0ni

Let's make compromise ;)....sell them with option to choose whether you want the kit with or without pedal & hihat...

ber0ni

Quote from: TrommelTheo on August 20, 2009, 04:15:49 AM
BTW:
never the less: I still wanna have one!!!!!  ;D

Theo

Heheh me to...already placed an order :)

puttenvr

The rack look and feels like a toy
But in one way or another: it works
Not sure if I am gonna gig with it live

ber0ni

Quote from: puttenvr on August 20, 2009, 06:18:05 AM
The rack look and feels like a toy
But in one way or another: it works
Not sure if I am gonna gig with it live

I went about week ago to test the drums again....after adjusting them to my own taste i got them working great....stand was stable & perfect for the homeuse but it's definately not for gigging...:(

thijs

I must say I'm very happy with both the rack and the pedals. I'm only using my kit at home at the moment and it's been very nice to get a complete working kit out of the box.

I'm sure they'll start selling the individual components later on so everybody can be happy :-)

TrommelTheo

I ´ll going and mount it on a Dixon or Gibralta Rack´, the Sanre will stand on his own massive stand, causei ve tested the Set again today and the Screw from that "T" above has loosen. I wouldn´t be happy to ffit it for 3 or 4 times on a Gig. The Rack seems not ok for gigging and Pedals an Snarestand must come from an other manufacturer, sorry... but i´m playing nearly every Weekend in from May to August so i must have Hardware i can trust in. If i will change the Tomholder.... hm, we will see...

Theo

Scarred25

Well now that I'm on here (I've been following this forum secretly as a guest  :P), I might as well begin writing about my impressions on the Drumit Five.

The store which I normally go to buy muy stuff finally got the demo kit!

As I sat down on the kit it really seemed interesting. I noticed that all of the pads and cymbals were bigger than I had imagined, which is a huge plus in my eyes 'cause I can't stand those tiny Roland pads  :P I started playing and realized that the whole thing was moving! I was quite surprised because the pictures we've seen thus far IMHO portray a robust and sturdy Drumkit... well... that was not the case! We've all realised this already anyway. Some say that it will probably not withstand a live performance, and sadly I have to agree with this! What I would really imagine doing with this kit is to mount the pads on my A-kit for live playing. The Drumit five kit I would probably only use for practicing. Actually the fact that the rack wobbles does NOT concern me! I think that it could very well withstand some rough playing, allthough the plastic balls in the joints are probably the first to break as mentioned by others before.

What really pissed me off was the clutch of the Hihat!!! Damn... WTF is up with that?!?!?! I could not play with my left foot without having to adjust the clutch every ten seconds!!!!! Where the hell was this thing made?!?!?! It reminds me of the drumkit Aldi had for sale a few months ago!!!  >:(

Other than that everything seemed fine, allthough the kit which I played was not calibrated properly. I cannot complain about the pedals though. The Drumit bundle offers SO MUCH for that amount of money... I'm so glad that there's a realistic alternative for Roland!!!

Theo is right, there should be a way to offer the kit without the pedals... I mean, most of us probably will use other pedals (e.g. twin pedals etc.) right?

My expectations were not met, nonetheless I am a big fan of this kit because I recognize its potential and I will do my very best to get a kit myself!

Cheers!

puttenvr

Quote from: Scarred25 on August 21, 2009, 02:55:09 AM
The Drumit bundle offers SO MUCH for that amount of money... I'm so glad that there's a realistic alternative for Roland!!!

I agree on that
For only 2000 euros you will have a complete kit. At Roland we get a td-20 module for that money
Even when we add new hardware (say 500 euros) then the 2Box will cost 2500 euros (I can count ...) where the
Roland TD-20 will cost you 5000 euro. With lame sounds, bad dynamics and no updates ...

HM

I tested the set in the Soundata shop in Helsinki like ber0ni, and I think I won't have problems with the rack. The pads do swing a bit when you hit them, but that will definitely not hinder my playing. If you grab the rack and shake it, it will shake but who really does that? I can't imagine that the set would fall over while you play it or something like that.

I plan to use the set mainly in my appartment, though. I can see that those of you who want to have it on a tour want to be sure it can stand it. But hey, this set costs 2000 euros. Add some hardware to that and it'll still beat the Rolands. If it feels stupid to buy the whole set with everything in it, you have been said to wait until the 2box is available without the hardware. Well, I couldn't wait that long. ;)

roel

I have great news from drum-tec.de (germany) that the drumit five is full compatible with a roland td12 stand.
thats great!

no reactions on this, how is that possible? so every 2box user is happy with the stand that comes with the drum-it five?

Remi

I think it's not so bad afterall :drum2: