News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Poor stand :(

Started by ber0ni, July 27, 2009, 10:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ber0ni

I've tested the drums in the Helsinki's soundata music shop & I have to say that the stand of the drums looks massive but it's really weak and seems unstable. On finnish music forum a lot of people who tested the same drums were also disappointed with the quality of the stand. Does anyone knows is there going to be some improvements in the final version of the stand?

P.S. Drums look amazing... can't wait to buy one ;;

Scottie

Quote from: ber0ni on July 27, 2009, 10:34:43 AM
I've tested the drums in the Helsinki's soundata music shop & I have to say that the stand of the drums looks massive but it's really weak and seems unstable. On finnish music forum a lot of people who tested the same drums were also disappointed with the quality of the stand. Does anyone knows is there going to be some improvements in the final version of the stand?

Hi ber0ni

You say that the stand seems unstable? Did you have any problems with it? Did the stand fall over? I am just trying to get to the bottom of where you say it seems unstable?

Also how far out where the arms on the kit? Because the one we have here is 4ft wide. I don't suppose you have any pictures of the setup do you?

I would like to go back to 2box with all this user feedback.

Thanks for any help  :)
Scott

ber0ni

Quote from: Travis182 on July 27, 2009, 11:33:15 AM
Quote from: ber0ni on July 27, 2009, 10:34:43 AM

The guy must have been playing it like a complete animal then as it doesn't seem to be moving much in any of the videos on there website!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3IsZclu8Ng

Video with double bass off of there website!

Maybe I sometimes get carried away while playing but my roland can handle it ;) Actualy I was calm while playing the 2box and even though the stand looks massive and heavy it feels like cheap plastic...I'm sorry this may seem harsh but that's the truth. The stand was also waving/moving alot if you try to shake it and also during the playing the pads were also shaking a littlebit. It's possible that guys in the stoore haven't mounted it correctly...but it will be shame if the stand ruins the greatness of the drums. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the stores setup :( but this was not the only negative thing about the drums. Also basspedal and hihat didn't impressed me much but that something I'm willing to upgrade. When it comes to the module it was a little bit slow but after all it has some great tunes....So basicly hardware sucks :'(  but everything else is great  ;) It's a beauty...

Scottie

WOW I'm kinda shocked by your comment about the Unit. I haven't experienced any slow down from the Unit at all, and was very surprised at just how quick you can navigate through the menus. I will see if i can get a video for people to see it in action.

The stand is made out of a light weight aluminum, which is geared towards people that need to move the kit around a lot for gigs and stuff like that. I'm not sure in what situation you will be standing there shaking the stand to make it move, but each to there own i guess. When playing the kit the stand has never caused me any problems what so ever.

With the pedals we wanted to make sure that someone could take the kit home and play it right out of the box. We fully expect end users and professionals to use their own favourite pedals, but there is a complete solution there if you don't want to.

Can i just ask how long you played the kit for ber0ni?

I will see if i can get a video of the Unit for people to see how quickly you can move through the menus.

Thanks
Scott

Scottie

Hey Guys

Well i got a quick video of me running through the menus. It's not the best quality or the most amazing video in the world, but i think it shows in my opinion how quick the unit is!

http://hinh.blip.tv/

cabalestra

Quote from: Scottie on July 27, 2009, 07:38:11 PM
Hey Guys

Well i got a quick video of me running through the menus. It's not the best quality or the most amazing video in the world, but i think it shows in my opinion how quick the unit is!

Actually, I can only agree with this! More than the speed of the menu, though, I am interested in seeing this beast in action!  ;) When do you think will it be possible to get a video of this?

Grazie e ciao,

Carlo.

ber0ni

Quote from: Scottie on July 27, 2009, 07:38:11 PM
Hey Guys

I probably didn't expressed myself right in english...what I ment is that unit that I've tested was tilting when you change kits fast...e.c. when you jump from kit number 1 to 10 it takes a while until you get any sound from the drums. You can say it was quick overlook of the drums but in that half hour or more I've noticed that drumit compared to my ex roland 12 which I sold to ge this drum is not perfect like nothing else is. I've stated it before that I'm willing to uprgade and use my own hardware (basspedal, hihat stand...) & when it comes to stand I just hope that people don't dissapoint with it like I did...compared to the stand i had with roland i would never use it to gig :(

ber0ni

Me again ....my suggestion is to uprgade or fix any faults that you come around before realisng the drums to the market....I think that if you add extra 200 € to the price of the drums you can actually make customers satisfy with the product and have perfect set of the drums. In Finland the price is now 2190 € and UK is less than 2000€...you get my point  8)

Scottie

Quote from: ber0ni on July 28, 2009, 05:36:03 AM
I probably didn't expressed myself right in english...what I ment is that unit that I've tested was tilting when you change kits fast...e.c. when you jump from kit number 1 to 10 it takes a while until you get any sound from the drums. You can say it was quick overlook of the drums but in that half hour or more I've noticed that drumit compared to my ex roland 12 which I sold to ge this drum is not perfect like nothing else is. I've stated it before that I'm willing to uprgade and use my own hardware (basspedal, hihat stand...) & when it comes to stand I just hope that people don't dissapoint with it like I did...compared to the stand i had with roland i would never use it to gig :(

Hi ber0ni

The sounds take half a second to load when you select it.  

Here is another video of the kit loading the sounds. Once again in my opinion this is very quick to load a whole sound set! It would take you more then half a second to move your hand over to the Unit and select the sound you want. Also you have to take in to consideration the quality and size of the sounds being loaded in half a second, and this isn't even version 1.0 of the OS yet.

http://blip.tv/file/2410068 (Sound quality is just off of the monitors we have setup)
Just thought i would note that I'm not playing the drum here. I have the camera and changing the sounds, and my colleague is hitting the pad.

Also ber0ni would you be able to PM me with a link to the finnish music forum?

Thanks for your feedback with the kit, i will pass it on to the team at 2box.

Regards
Scott

ber0ni

I've just watched the video....that was fast shifting ;) The modul I played did'nt even had so many kits in memory...most of them were blank...but still the sound delay was longer then in your video. Is it possible that drums in Helsinki are older version than yours?

Also what is the size of the pads? In FI there was 12" snare 3x 10" toms and 14" bass.

Scottie

Quote from: ber0ni on July 28, 2009, 11:41:29 AM
I've just watched the video....that was fast shifting ;) The modul I played did'nt even had so many kits in memory...most of them were blank...but still the sound delay was longer then in your video. Is it possible that drums in Helsinki are older version than yours?

Also what is the size of the pads? In FI there was 12" snare 3x 10" toms and 14" bass.

Hi ber0ni

You have just jogged my memory. That kit is a pre-production model that you played. I remember reading some where about a kit being in a store in Finland, and i spoke to Bengt at 2box, and he confirmed that it was a pre-production model.

Hopefully soon you will be able to give a production model a try, and play around with the new sound sets.

Regards
Scott

Simpan

I think the rack is just fine. Although it vibrates a lot, it doesn't actually move. Sure, the toms move somewhat but it really doesn't disturb you when you play. I tried playing on the rack toms with my eyes closed and I didn't miss a single time. The only real problem is that you get some crosstalk, but tweaking and putting the cymbals on seperate stands takes care of that really.

TrommelTheo

I can´t understand this discussion about the Rack. Did no one of you ever played an Acoustic-Drum on Rims with Yamaha- Hardware (Tomholder) (for Example). There is no Difference!
POINT

Theo

Simpan

Quote from: TrommelTheo on August 03, 2009, 08:02:21 PM
I can´t understand this discussion about the Rack. Did no one of you ever played an Acoustic-Drum on Rims with Yamaha- Hardware (Tomholder) (for Example). There is no Difference!
POINT

Theo
Nope, pearl hardware all the way ;)

TrommelTheo

*lol*only the Tomholder with short booms  ;) i´ve sold enough drums in my live on over 1.000 squaremeters  ;D

Theo