News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

can we remove input from main output ?

Started by mandubien, March 26, 2010, 04:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandubien

Hello my friends !

I will use very soon my 2box for my next concert, and as I use in-ear monitors, I use the input line to receive the aux send from the main mixer. So I would like to know if it's possible to keep everything but the input in the main output ?

I use out 1-2 for snare and kick, 3-4 for toms and 5-6 for cymbals/hi hat. In the output, I can choose, mix, mix# or 1-2. I know I can put all instruments in 1-2 to be sure, but keeping the different groups without input will be perfect.

Thanks for you help.

nonoduweb

Hi

I'm not sure to understand all that you say...

If you send a signal in the input of the module, you can choose to send it or not in the main out (phones output) with the MIX menu.  :)?

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on March 26, 2010, 05:10:41 PM
Hi

I'm not sure to understand all that you say...

If you send a signal in the input of the module, you can choose to send it or not in the main out (phones output) with the MIX menu.  :)?

He wants to use different parts of the drums to seperate out-channels. This gives more freedom to the mixerguy and punchier snare och kick can be achived

madmanmafimardi

Maybe the Manual does not say to much about these thing( hvae not read it)
Someday in future it has to updated i think, as the module is allways beeing updated

mandubien

I will make it in french for nono and in english :

En fait, mon mix est le suivant : CC et GC en 1-2, toms en 3-4 et charley + cymbales en 5-6. La sortie principale est celle que j'utilise pour aller vers la table de mixage, ce qui correspond en fait aux sorties 1-2. Dans le menu Unit-Outputs, il y a marqué sous 1-2 : mix. Donc en fait tout le mix (les 6 goupes plus l'input, c'est à dire mon retour) sort dans la sortie 1-2.

J'aimerais simplement enlever l'input de la sortie principale, donc les sorties 1-2, pour éviter un doublon, sinon si au augmente un truc dans mon retour, ça augmentera aussi dans les enceintes. Si je mets tous les instruments en sortie 1-2, et que je choisis de mettre uniquement 1-2 sur la sortie 1-2, mon problème est résolu, mais je ne profite pas des autres groupes (3-4 et 5-6). Est-ce que c'est plus compréhensible comme ça ?

So english now :

The main output is 1-2 (the outputs I use to connect the brain to the main mixer). We can choose what we want in these outputs : the whole mix including the input which I use for my returns (mix), another mix I don't understand (mix#) and only group 1-2.
My mix is : snare + kick in 1-2, toms in 3-4 and cymbals in 5-6. So if in the outpus 1-2 (the main outputs) I choose mix, I will have everything INCLUDING THE INPUTS. I just ant to remove them from the outputs, but not from the phones (and of course keep my groups 1 to 6).

Is it more clear for you ?

fishmonkey

isn't the solution just to set outputs 1+2 to channels 1+2 (your kick and snare) instead of the whole mix?

actually, rereading your posts, i'm not really sure what you want. will you have 6 channels going to the main mixing desk, or just a single stereo channel?

of course if you can't do the internal routing you want, a headphone mixer would be the next solution...

mandubien

Quote from: fishmonkey on March 27, 2010, 11:18:59 AM
isn't the solution just to set outputs 1+2 to channels 1+2 (your kick and snare) instead of the whole mix?

actually, rereading your posts, i'm not really sure what you want. will you have 6 channels going to the main mixing desk, or just a single stereo channel?

of course if you can't do the internal routing you want, a headphone mixer would be the next solution...

I played yesterday for my weekly rehearsal, and nonoduweb helped me to understand the system : if you choose mix for output 1-2, then you will have the 6 groups + inline. If you choose mix#, then you will have all groups + inline but the volume does not depend on the volume knob. If you choose 1+2, then you will only have the group 1-2. So I finally put all the instruments in group 1-2 and choose the latter for the main output.

For the configuration, I don't need any mixer. With a mixer, I will be able to keep my 6 groups and play as usual.