News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Wonky cymbal triggering...

Started by fishmonkey, March 18, 2010, 10:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calimero

reread the first page of this topic ..

hwasser

Quote from: 3drum on April 04, 2010, 11:55:17 AM
Hey Put,
If you have the original cymbals, and the latest software installed, then you too should also have cymbal triggering issues. That means it's a hardware problem and not a software problem.

No cause no updated have indicated to fix this problem. Maybe this will be improved in the next update .. or the one after that.

Many have described the problem deeply in this thread, even with images. So I'm sure the 2box-team have been taking a look on this.

First all people disliked the hihat. The hihat was improved 2 times, so I'm sure this will be improved as well! :)

rythm

Quote from: Baby Samus on March 26, 2010, 03:14:35 AM
As an ex-Roland v-drum owner, it was like being in the Matrix.  You wake up every day and play your Roland kit, but you know something is wrong.  You're not quite sure what it is, but you can feel it every day.  You can feel it when you eat, when you go to work.  You can feel it in the thousands of dollars gone from your bank account.  You can sense it in the insulting way that your module is filled with sounds of dogs barking and bubbles that you will never, ever use.

Excellent description, you really nailed it!

Baby Samus

Quote from: rythm on April 05, 2010, 06:31:14 PM
Excellent description, you really nailed it!

Thanks man - I sat and thought about that for like 5 minutes and actually laughed out loud when I thought of it, not because it was funny or anything but just because it was so fitting - I will use this analogy when anyone asks me why I switched now  :D.  Glad someone knows how I felt and why I'm in the Orange Army now.

As for the cymbals, I took the rubber off my ride, and the rubber itself just seems quite dense and unforgiving (i.e. not as bouncy as roland or yamaha).  I prefer a little more rebound in my e-cymbals and so maybe we just need a little module update to fix the triggering issues with the bell, and a surface with more rebound.  I mean if its just a rubber sleeve, surely 2Box can offer another material in the same mould or make a cover to slip over the current surface?

I find the same with the hi-hat, the surface just seems a little dead.  Maybe its just me but I think the rubber needs to be have more rebound...

fishmonkey

was the rubber glued to the metal in the centre?

Baby Samus

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 06, 2010, 12:01:33 AM
was the rubber glued to the metal in the centre?

No it was not.  I took the rubber sleeve off and the only thing that is glued to the cymbal is the large foam washer under the bell.  I'm not sure the rubber itself is supposed to be glued to the aluminium, as there does not seem to be any applied to the rubber sleeve or aluminium plate.  The rubber fits close to the aluminium plate when it slides on, doesn't seem to need any glue...

fishmonkey

you're right, i'm sure the main rubber isn't meant to be glued, i was talking about the centre disc. you say yours is like "foam"? my centre disc is very firm, much harder than the play rubber...

Baby Samus

Quote from: fishmonkey on April 06, 2010, 01:55:07 AM
you're right, i'm sure the main rubber isn't meant to be glued, i was talking about the centre disc. you say yours is like "foam"? my centre disc is very firm, much harder than the play rubber...

Yeah same on mine.  I think a mod is brewing in the back of my mind - to be continued!

hwasser

It would be nice if 2box answered in this thread though. If they have any plans on a software fix or such.

tjemeu

Maybe a PM to Scotty will work?

fishmonkey

they are definitely working on the issues...

Ariman

Hi all

I am having problem with on of my cymbals. When I have choke set to on, every sound cymbal makes is choked, like I was holding the edge of the cymbal all the time. I tried changing cables and different settings but it doesnt help. Has anyone had the same problem?

any help is much appreciated

nonoduweb

Hi

Did you try to put the setting Type on Cym14?

Otherwise, remove the rubber of the cymbal and look if one of the small strips touches the edge permanently or is broken.

fishmonkey

there is a new post from the 2box developers in this thread regarding the cymbal triggering issues:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,187.msg3577.html#msg3577