News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

First gig

Started by alainV, March 02, 2010, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alainV

Hello,

I have played my first public gig with the drumit5 last friday...

Fantastic! All worked good, the sound was really fantastic, the hihat was perfect! (maybe just the toms have not enough relief...

Now I'm like a guitarist: during the sound check, I put the sound really low, so I can make it louder later! hahaha

Tht also was my first gig with an e-drum

After the show, everybody asked me about the kit...

I really loved to play it on stage! Thank's, 2Box!

macleod

Congrats! :rock:
I had my first (and so far the only  :() live gig with e-kit 2 months ago and I was happy with the performance. Not so the band because we didn't really have monitors on stage (it was very small) so they could not hear me properly... We learn as we go...
But I liked the sound of drums and overall sound at the audience was fine. And, these drums just look good. Now I have to figure out how to mount second kick drum to the rack - double bass set up will be real killer!

TrommelTheo

Why do you need to hear your drumming, you can feel it  ;D
That´s are the expierience you must make... try to get a headphone amp and play with in ear, so your guitarist can´t terrorize you anymore  :animal:
btw, does anybody know the fist thing a guitarist will do on stage?

Putting all knobs to right side and saying to the man on the Mixer:"Dam you f... guy, I can´t hear me!!!" And at the end he has forgotten to plug in the amp *lol*

Theo

puttenvr

Waha ;D

I am gonna use my  :patbat2box: live, too
within a couple of weeks

alainV

oh noooo!

going back to our music room.... the hihat is now impossible to calibrate, it's doing double triple triggering, and sounding open when close...

By chance it didn't do that on stage... but... i'm afraid now

I have to play a big date on 20 march... I'm not so sure anymore to play there with the 2box

fuzziebea

Hi alainV,

I had the same problem three days ago. 4 pieces of the aluminium-edge were laying under the rubbersurface. After removing them my hihat works fine.

Now I have some doubts about the durability of the alu-edge. I ordered 1 Yamaha PCY-135 Cymbalpad to try it out. If triggering is as good as with the 2box-cymbals, I´m thinking about changing to the Yamaha-cymbalpads.

3drum

hey fuzziebea,
Please report back on the playability of the yamaha cymbals. i just ordered a kit and would like to get a few extra cymbals.
If single components aren't available soon from 2box, then the yamaha cymbals seem like a smart option.

UC

Hey Alain, good work!

Did you record / video the gig?

alainV

Quote from: UC on March 05, 2010, 05:14:19 PM
Hey Alain, good work!

Did you record / video the gig?

We didn't record the gig...

UC

How about an artist's impression using MS Paint?  ;D

Frankly

Hi!
New here - got my 2Box yesterday and I'm loving it! Great to finally be able to play at home!
:drum2: 

I'm about to use the 2Box live too soon and could use some more hints on do's and don'ts using it live.
First time my guitarist will demand my drums in his monitor... :)
Cheers!  :rock: