News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

edtc

Cuban

Quote from: Evy on January 12, 2011, 06:52:04 AM
2box says they won't be at the next NAMM in LA, will be in Frankfurt.
Really? Wow!  :o ???

geo

+1 for all these ideas:

Quote from: edtc on December 26, 2010, 06:17:41 PM
-   use cymbals and hihat inputs as normal triggers inputs
A HUGE 'pretty please' for the opposite as well (tom inputs as cymbals). Is this possible, or are the types hardware-dependant?

-   use the songs wavs as "double mono"
Better yet, two stereo tracks played at the same time.

add a "custom setup mode" for people who needs it , and leave a "standard setup mode" fot those who dont ...
Definitely - that 'More' button is begging to be used...

Another idea - make the metronome MIDI-based, so that with
- Midi clock sync
- MIDI controlling internal parameters
and
improve the module so that when you change the preset , the sounds change instantly

we end up with Song Mode. Each song loads up a:
- unit preset
- kit preset
- metronome/sequence file.

The metronome file is just a standard MIDI file, with the click programmed in full. This would then give us:
    - time signature changes
    - tempo changes
    - automated, time-based kit/sound/parameter changes (eg. a different snare sound for one part, delay on for two bars in another)
    - automated sample/loop file triggering
    - hands-free soloing (just program in what you want to play) :)

Also, an issue with the current system: during a kit change, if a sound is halfway through playing, the remainder of the sound is re-tuned if the tuning for a channel changes between kits.

Krillo

I only read the 7 first pages  :P so I hope I'm not repeating stuff.

- Midi merge function
-Save several trig set-ups (one for pads, one for a-kit triggers...)

rpb1966

EQ, reverb, compression, positional sensing, better ride, bell, edge separation, micro drum tuning and yes my lights works on my Kick  ;D

Russ

edtc

A 2 zone cymbal mode would be nice ...

as 3zone detection "eats" some processing , a simpler mode with BOW/EDGE could improve playability ...the more i play the kit the more i find that the cymbal trigering is  too slow ... this combined to a well trimmed library would improve the kit a lot ..
Also , having different amounts of latency on a pad and a cymbal is a bit wierd ...

I ve made tests assigning the same ride sound to a pad and to a cymbal input : and playing it on the pad input was much more flawless ... try it , you ll feel it ...

For people who need bell sound , it could be done by internal "midi" linking the bell sound to another free input , with addition of a small cymbal , or by using a 3 out cymbal ... 3 zones with 3 inputs ...

Could be nice to have control of Zones volumes and curves  in the module ...

Slap the drummer

Quote from: edtc on February 01, 2011, 08:10:56 AM

I ve made tests assigning the same ride sound to a pad and to a cymbal input : and playing it on the pad input was much more flawless ... try it , you ll feel it ...

Do you mean the actual jack sockets or just changing the pad type?

edtc

Slap the drummer

Yes, it's interesting.  I've said before that I'm convinced that there's a physical difference
between the inputs.

Funny thing is tho that I found the opposite.  When I put a cymbal in through Tom4 it doesn't
sound as good/responsive as thru a cymbal input.

What do you think is happening differently between the tom inputs and the cymbal inputs?  something
to do with latency...?

edtc

maybe the 3 zones recognition takes more time to process than a single zone pad does...

Jman

Quote from: 3drum on March 04, 2010, 02:29:21 PM
#1 The ability to access 2 different kits via midi simultaneously like the ddrum3.

#1 The ability to access 2 different kits via MIDI simultaneously. Definitely the biggie in my book. This makes it possible to link up my other module or TMI and build a Super Kit based on the Drumit 5.

#2 Xstick and Rim shot on Snare rim input:  The ability to use both rim shot and Xstick on the snare without changing the patch.  This is being used in some manner on the Drumit 5 cymbals already, a sort of velocity/wave form change.... seems possible to implement it on at least the snare input, if not snare and tom rims, definitely more important on snare though. With a setting adjustment this feature can be dialed in ....When working correctly it is a feature much used and makes the snare playing experience more natural.
Xstick Threshold: At least that is what it is called in "unmentionable" brand ;) A setting you can adjust that tunes in the crossover between the Xstick sound and the full rim shot sound.

#3 Kick Light ....... No ..... scratch that .... I need to wait a bit to see if that makes it in my top 3 ;D
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

nonoduweb

Hi JMan

You want to layer a sound of xstick for soft hits and a sound of rimshot (for hard hits) on the rim?
While waiting for this feature on the module, you can build a sound like that with dsoundtool or the sound editor of 2box (sound of Xstick on low layers and sound of rimshot on high layers).

Jman

Quote from: nonoduweb on February 19, 2011, 06:34:28 AM
Hi JMan

You want to layer a sound of xstick for soft hits and a sound of rimshot (for hard hits) on the rim?
While waiting for this feature on the module, you can build a sound like that with dsoundtool or the sound editor of 2box (sound of Xstick on low layers and sound of rimshot on high layers).

Thank you, good to know...  8)

edtc

It s been a long time since we've heard about Deve Loper ... are you guys fine ;)?

what are you preparing for us ?

Jman

Anyone know ..... Would it be possible via Software update to add the MIDI feature to be able to access a second kit? Or is that beyond software?