News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

puttenvr

jw-smaal

Quote from: Deve Loper on October 23, 2010, 09:05:38 AM
Your ideas are being noted.

I think the basic function in the Brain are more than sufficient.  I would opt for not bloating the firmware with MP3 support as you box already has a line-in for Ipods and the like so I really don't see the need.  Sure some folks will want bells and whistles and a cherry on top; most others just want to play the unit.   

I would suggest your team focusses on improving the editor instead.   

J-W, 

hwasser

Something against the crosstalk =/ .. I noticed that the cymbal buttons are lighting up when I play the upper tom-rims and hard on the kickdrum (easy to do with doublepedals). This is espacially noticable when recording midi, have also noticed double trigger when checking the midi bars in cubase.

fishmonkey

i have finally found a bit of time to get my kit working with BFD2...

it would be really good if there was an option in the Drumit 5 firmware to send different MIDI messages for open and closed hihat hits. in the meantime i can use Bome's MIDI Translator Pro to convert the hihat messages if necessary, but it would be much less hassle if the Drumit 5 brain could do this automatically.

spoenk

uhm it sends different controller values for closed, half open, open ..., isn't that all u need? i just fooled around with BATTERY once and it worked fine ...

3drum

Fixing the cymbal triggering should be first and foremost. I hate being surprised by a loud bell sound when I strike the crash in between the bow and the bell. Unacceptable!

fishmonkey

Quote from: spoenk on November 02, 2010, 02:17:51 PM
uhm it sends different controller values for closed, half open, open ..., isn't that all u need? i just fooled around with BATTERY once and it worked fine ...

it sends continuous controller messages to indicate pedal height when you hit the hihat. however it sends the same note messages whether the hihat is open or closed.

it's fine for playing live, but have you tried editing MIDI that has been recorded like that? not fun.

spoenk

yes, but only a few measures :)

i figured that with more practising i'd need less editing ;D

hwasser

One more thing. My hihat triggers in the midi when i open it, i mean that i get a "hihat opens" sound and a hitting the middle sound.

Deve Loper

I'am looking into the hihat MIDI behaviour.
Plus some other wishes.
You never know what Santa will bring...

roel

Quote from: Deve Loper on November 07, 2010, 09:09:48 PM
I'am looking into the hihat MIDI behaviour.
Plus some other wishes.
You never know what Santa will bring...

Maby Santa has a 2box mk2 rack upgrade for Roel  :patbat2box:

thethirdman

Can I request that the 2box brain can have better midi functions so it can:

SEND & RECEIVE MIDI CLOCK MESSAGES so it can be slave to another device or be the master device.

Also that it can receive program change messages maybe? To change kits? That isnt so important but the midi thing is.

nonoduweb

Hi

The module can read program change messages.

Mesursur

So,

1. an Link option. You can add a reverb-room sample to the samples and adjust it in volume - distance.(pre and post processing)
2. Overhead/mic-simulator (for a good live or record sound)(closemic/ tube mic etc)
3. of course all the effects stuff (good plugins)

puttenvr

With all the respect, but these are Roland features of which most members are glad we don't have them at 2Box