News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Peter W

Reverb with bricasti ambience samples. I have some that were free for a while from the company. best drum reverb out there.

Peter

fishmonkey

would be nice, but i doubt the DrumIt Five module has the processing power to run a full convolution reverb!

nonoduweb

- Display of the velocity level (0-127) when we hit a pad.

fishmonkey

yes, great idea! the current trigger level meters are very very coarse.

fishmonkey

Quote from: Peter W on August 12, 2010, 05:45:39 AM
Reverb with bricasti ambience samples. I have some that were free for a while from the company. best drum reverb out there.

btw, there's a great new set of free Bricasti M7 impulse responses available here:

http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-impulse-responses/

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on August 13, 2010, 08:19:52 AM
- Display of the velocity level (0-127) when we hit a pad.

Nah I think it is good as it is now. But there should be a seperate midi menu when things like that could be seen. And maybe settings to alternative some midisettings and such

nonoduweb

Quote from: hwasser on August 13, 2010, 05:14:16 PM
Nah I think it is good as it is now. But there should be a seperate midi menu when things like that could be seen. And maybe settings to alternative some midisettings and such

Hi
I didn't speak about velocity in midi but velocity in normal mode of playing.
We can see the trigger level in the TRIG menu (KIT menu), but we don't know exactly the velocity value.
I noticed that I am often at full range when I play normally, and sometimes the played sample is not adapted to my hit. It's difficult to realize it except if we can read the trigger value (or a percentage).

kos-mos

- [parametric] equalizer
- (sfx) reverse : playing a sample from the end to the beginning
- more metal kits  :drum3:

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on August 14, 2010, 10:01:32 AM
Hi
I didn't speak about velocity in midi but velocity in normal mode of playing.
We can see the trigger level in the TRIG menu (KIT menu), but we don't know exactly the velocity value.
I noticed that I am often at full range when I play normally, and sometimes the played sample is not adapted to my hit. It's difficult to realize it except if we can read the trigger value (or a percentage).

Nah, I dont like numbers, like bars more, but they could use half bars between and use an underscore under the bars so u could see the maximum velocity all times.

hwasser

The most import is to set the cymbals more perfected. I want to be able to do normal hits on the cymbal bell without turning gain to +6. They have to fix this in next update.

nonoduweb

The request of reverb or others ambiant effects or equalizing often appears in this thread but can the module really do that?

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on August 27, 2010, 08:49:10 AM
The request of reverb or others ambiant effects or equalizing often appears in this thread but can the module really do that?

Reverb could be done by many small echos which are dying out slowly for big rooms and fast for small rooms. EQ should be relative easy. Even the first small mp3 players have EQ. There are 3 knobs and three buttons so it could be built something like this:

Low - Button for some sweetspots and knob for dB+-
Middle - Button for some sweetspots and knob for dB+-
High - Button for some sweetspots and knob for dB+-

kos-mos

p929

Quote from: kos-mos on September 04, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
- DrumIt Five Editor for Linux  :'(

+1 here! How come that they claim for an open system, but their software doesn't work in open OS?

Manfred

Quote from: kos-mos on September 04, 2010, 10:38:43 AM
- DrumIt Five Editor for Linux  :'(

On my Ubuntu 10.04 it runs with wine. Just install wine and start the Editor-Installer.

In my opinion it is much more important to have a editor that can create multi-zone-sounds. The current version still can not do this.

Manfred