News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

kos-mos

Hello,

Next wishlist ;D

- Retrigger prevention
- Blinking led for the metronome
- Tap tempo
- Positional sensing
- MP3, OGG support
- Reverb
- Speed(o)meter  :drum3:

Evy

Quote from: puttenvr on May 19, 2010, 06:29:55 PM
The possibility to layer sounds.
Some snares are quite weak for me, but perhaps can be used as a layer with another snare

I fully agree....in fact 2box needs better snare drums period.  Best tom sounds ever, but no snares to match...

nonoduweb

Deve Loper

Hi guys.

Your wishes are noticed, and some are in the pipeline.
Some notes:
- Tap tempo is there. You tap the button above PLAY in KIT-PROG mode (if the metronome is selected).
- Cymbal trig, see my other post on OS 1.10 thread.
- Retrigger prevention. Just a dead time is not very nice. However, there's a new Kick trigger type (Kick2) with adjusted response. Also, the cymbal trig types have a built in filter to suppress trigs coming thru the rack stand.
- Pos sensing on the current pads is not possible since the sensor is not in the middle. Future rubber heads might have this feature.
- MP3 is on my list too, however, it's tight in there with playing drum voices, so we'll see.
- Sound layering (as opposed to selecting which layer to play, see KIT-ENV
page). There's no "room" for this now. Maybe I could fix a feature so one could trig the snare/tom sounds together with the respective percussion sound (MORE+SNARE/TOM). How about it?
- Metronome can count in 1 or 2 bars and then stop (KIT-COMP-BARS).
- Brushes not on the list.
- No USB 2.0 since the processor USB hardware is 1.1. (And yes I know, even the cheapest MP3 player in a bag of cereals has USB 2.0, but they don't play 15 channels (and many more voices) of drum sounds).
- I'm looking into a util to convert ddrum .mid files to .dsnd.

And there's more. Please keep giving feedback, it is appreciated.

Regards,

Deve.

tjemeu

- Possibility to change the trigger gain of separate cymbal zones. The cymbal triggering has improved a lot, but the bell sound is much louder than the bow sound.

- Only play rimshot sample on the snare if both zones are triggered simultaneously. This makes it possible to play rim shots and cross stick within the same kit.

fishmonkey

Quote from: tjemeu on July 12, 2010, 11:05:43 AM
- Possibility to change the trigger gain of separate cymbal zones. The cymbal triggering has improved a lot, but the bell sound is much louder than the bow sound.

- Only play rimshot sample on the snare if both zones are triggered simultaneously. This makes it possible to play rim shots and cross stick within the same kit.

two great ideas there!

it seems very odd that we can't tweak the cymbal zones separately.

3drum

Shouldn't the ability to tweak zone volumes be a function of the kit editor when it comes out of beta?

eyerichards

More dry samples i.e completely dry versions of the VLT, X shell, Custom Maple kits etc. When using the kit live, dry samples tend to cut through a lot better.

nonoduweb

Quote from: Deve Loper on July 12, 2010, 10:31:59 AM

1 - Pos sensing on the current pads is not possible since the sensor is not in the middle. Future rubber heads might have this feature.
2 - Sound layering (as opposed to selecting which layer to play, see KIT-ENV
page). There's no "room" for this now. Maybe I could fix a feature so one could trig the snare/tom sounds together with the respective percussion sound (MORE+SNARE/TOM). How about it?
3 - Metronome can count in 1 or 2 bars and then stop (KIT-COMP-BARS).
4 - Brushes not on the list.
5 - And there's more. Please keep giving feedback, it is appreciated.

1 - http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,187.msg3589.html#msg3589. I was able do that, me a jackass, what about a guru like you?
2 - Yes why not?
3 - Yes... but when you practise, It's good to stop (mute) the sound of the metronome for some measures, to train to hold the tempo, but the metronome has to start again then in the rhythm; that being said, it's not very important.
4 -  :'(  :'(
5 - Thanks for all and being patient  ;D

tjemeu

I'd rather be able to tweak those parameters while I'm playing.

Quote from: 3drum on July 12, 2010, 08:16:24 PM
Shouldn't the ability to tweak zone volumes be a function of the kit editor when it comes out of beta?

Deve Loper

Hi.
Sure, there's still room for improvement. But I do hope you enjoy OS 1.10. Sometimes I feel it's a Fata Morgana to satisfy you all. I'm just the electronics and software guy, and I can't satisfy everyone I'm afraid.

Have a good summer,

Deve.

kos-mos

Quote from: Deve Loper on July 13, 2010, 06:27:36 PM
Hi.
Sure, there's still room for improvement. But I do hope you enjoy OS 1.10. Sometimes I feel it's a Fata Morgana to satisfy you all. I'm just the electronics and software guy, and I can't satisfy everyone I'm afraid.

Have a good summer,

Deve.
With each update, i enjoy my 2box more and more... :rock:

roel

2box is da poop! when can we get 12 & 14 inch toms? or extra cymbals?
I need those  :animal:

giovannipronto

hi wishlist,

-midi-performance: i´m using the unit in combination with a midi controller. but i also want to control for example the "play"-button of the unit with the controller and even more!
i found out that i can control the kit-selection with the command "C0 XX". so i think there are already some midi control change messages existing, but where can i find them? is there somewhere a list?

-the possibility to loop samples (i prefer wav instead of mp3 cause of the soundquality)

-the effectsection: at the moment there is just echo possible (and here again...possibility to control it over midi device)

and at least... it´s really cool to play an instrument which is still improving and changing it´s performance like the 2 box drumit 5 does!

greets giovanni

DJDrums

Seperate Volume control over the closing hihat click would be great. It doesn't seem in proportion to the hihat playing volume. I like to play the left foot 1/4s etc whilst the right hand is on the ride.