News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

puttenvr

The possibility to layer sounds.
Some snares are quite weak for me, but perhaps can be used as a layer with another snare

Hawkeyez

My thread got locked because this one is supposedly the same?  It doubles with it?  This is a "top software features you would like added" thread.  My thread is "where do you think the 2box kit could improve".  Not really the same guys, I can see where you are coming from but it isn't the same, no offense.  I was wanting to hear general thoughts on the kit overall, not just software features.  Sort of unfair to lock it out guys, and sorry for hi-jacking this thread btw. :-\

fishmonkey

i dunno whether your other thread deserved to be locked or not, but i will say that almost everything you wrote about has been covered in an existing thread somewhere.

UC

hey there, sorry if you thought it was a bit heavy handed...your points are all valid and your opinion counts of course, but I think fishmonkey is right.

btw, the forum has a pretty decent search ;)

boekhour

Ok Deve, any news about the release of firmware version 1.10? When can we expect all those nice changes we are waiting for?

Hawkeyez

Quotei dunno whether your other thread deserved to be locked or not, but i will say that almost everything you wrote about has been covered in an existing thread somewhere.

Quotehey there, sorry if you thought it was a bit heavy handed...your points are all valid and your opinion counts of course, but I think fishmonkey is right.

btw, the forum has a pretty decent search

Fair enough.  I think my intentions of that thread didn't quite come across properly but whatever.  Probably better to just delete it rather than have it locked if you think there is no new material in there.  I don't mind.

I think maybe we could have a brainstorming thread where we could all think up some great ideas that could "improve" the kit even further.  Even if it's far fetched ideas, just somewhere to create some concepts together.  How does that sound?

puttenvr

Sounds good. Perhaps topics like that must be sticky, to avoid the same postings over and over again.

Hawkeyez

I don't know what sticky means in the forum world?

fishmonkey

sticky topics are "stuck" at the top of the screen, so they don't get pushed down according to date of last post.

only mods can make a topic "sticky".

carlomagno

better compatibility with ddrum redshot triggers don't work well

fuzziebea

Hi carlomagno,

I´m using ddrum trigger with tdrum meshheads on my stage-set and they work fine.
I don´t have any problems. The Gain is set at 12-16, Curve at normal.
Wich kind of problem do you have?

fuzziebea

carlomagno

Bruthus

1. Retrigger prevention
2. Load DDrum4 .mid files
3. USB 2 support

I worked with Alessis, Akai and was betatester for Drumagog.
All have a Retrigger setting. It does'nt alow to trigger again within a userdefinebale time.
This will solve a lot of problems, read kickdrum!!
Really suprised that its not there....

Guys, keep up the good work!!

Regards, Bruthus
:patbat2box:

hwasser

New wishlist for new version:

-Re-trigger-function
-Make the cymbalbell work with weaker hits and that all zones should be more even velocitywise
- Do something to give the rims better respond. When I play snare rim really hard with gain +10 it gets to velocitylevel 5 of 8. I have to play it 1 dm from the trigger on the top of the snare to have full velocity.

nonoduweb

Some of my wishes:

- I'm fed up ( >:( ;)) to switch off the module to connect it on the computer
- add possibilty to mute the metronome during some fixed numbers of bars: good for practising.
- possibility to "soften" triggering: I'm often at full range with Pad12 or Pad10 with a normal hit and a low gain, so sometimes I use Actr3 (with a medium gain level) which looks like more a normal touch.
- positional sensing: it can be (certainly) made with this kind of pad. I'm sure that we can have differents zones on a 2box pad, even if they are not concentric.
- brushes?   :-X