News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

TrommelTheo

Sorry, i Must say this:

DON´T FORGET THIS BD-LIGHT!!! :patbat2box:

He would be so sad without it  :-\

Theo

hwasser

Quote from: TrommelTheo on April 19, 2010, 04:58:30 PM
Sorry, i Must say this:

DON´T FORGET THIS BD-LIGHT!!! :patbat2box:

He would be so sad without it  :-\

Theo

Yeah actually my friends said it looked cool with the light, wasnt recognise it until we drank some beer in my livingroom a saturday night and a friend started playing the drums ;)

puttenvr

hwasser

Quote from: puttenvr on April 20, 2010, 02:54:28 PM
Only after some beers the light went on?

No, but the corner where the kit stands wasnt lightend up (seperate lampbuttons for the 2 sides of the room).

TrommelTheo

*bruell* :animal: :rock: :rock: :rock:
give me some beer to turn the lights on *rofl*

Theo

madmanmafimardi

Would it not be great if we were able to plugin an external usb harddrive to the module?
extra samples for our kits! and alot of them.

fishmonkey

Quote from: madmanmafimardi on April 27, 2010, 01:12:27 PM
Would it not be great if we were able to plugin an external usb harddrive to the module?
extra samples for our kits! and alot of them.

or a flash drive.

they would have to upgrade the USB port to at least USB 2.0 though, otherwise changing kits would be very very very slow...

3drum

-ability to link 2 pads together with options to layer or expand[ bring in secondary sound dependent on velocity]
- mono mode and groups.....[this is needed to start and stop loops]
- positional sensing is a must!
- the ability to to use the line input as a sampling input.  This would be great to capture sounds at a moments notice and edit them at a later time.

Deve Loper

Hi folks.

UC aksed:
3) an "exit / cancel" button in case you hit the "save" button on the "kit" page and accidentally move the dial to another kit name, and forget what kit it is you wanted to save changes to (done that too many times...usually end up switching off and on to cancel changes)

Just press the KIT button, that exits from save mode.

What I can say about the next OS 1.10:
- metronome
- drum channels assignable to any of 8 outputs (or any 4 output pairs)
- undo / redo in kit and unit mode
  (not step-by-step, just switch between what is in edit buffer and what is saved)
- browse by folder
- attack, hold, decay envelope (very nice for making gated sounds)
- multitap delay
- VU meter on mix page
- initialize unit and kits from backup file

90 % is done, but give me some time to get it 100 %.

Have a good weekend,

Deve.

Deve Loper

OS 1.10 will have new cymbal trig as well.

Unfortunately the current cymbal trig system didn't prove reliable enough.
So now the cup zone will now be detected by the fact that it has a much higher signal level (since it's right on top of the piezo). When the trig gain is at minimum (0), medium to hard hits on the the cup will trigger the cup zone, any hit on the bow will trigger the bow zone.

However, weak hits on the cup will be interpreted as relatively hard bow hits because the physical trig signal will be at the top of the bow range. The other way around should not happen since hard hits on the bow should not reach the lower end of the cup range.

I know that this is less than ideal, but I figured it's better to have a consistent bow behaviour.

puttenvr

Great news, Deve
Looking forward to the tap delay lay... lay... lay... lay ....

Manfred

Quote from: Deve Loper on April 30, 2010, 08:48:42 AM
OS 1.10 will have new cymbal trig as well.

Unfortunately the current cymbal trig system didn't prove reliable enough.
So now the cup zone will now be detected by the fact that it has a much higher signal level (since it's right on top of the piezo). When the trig gain is at minimum (0), medium to hard hits on the the cup will trigger the cup zone, any hit on the bow will trigger the bow zone.

However, weak hits on the cup will be interpreted as relatively hard bow hits because the physical trig signal will be at the top of the bow range. The other way around should not happen since hard hits on the bow should not reach the lower end of the cup range.

I know that this is less than ideal, but I figured it's better to have a consistent bow behaviour.

Hi,

at the other thread you mentioned that the current cymbal trigger system is based on waveform analysis and the new one will detect the amplitude of the piezo signal. Wouldn't it be possible to use both information to differ between cup and bow? What did you mean with waveform analysis? Are you doing a DFT/FFT or do you for example simply measure the cycle duration?

But its nice to read that there will be a lot of new features in the new OS  :rock:

Manfred

Well, i forgot to write down my "top software features":

- support ogg vorbis or mp3 for play alongs
- trigger-presets or "pad types" for cymbals made by other vendors (e.g. Yamaha PCY-135/155, Roland CYx, Alesis Surge)

The second item is only because there are no 2Box cymbals available. I already use 2 additional mono-cymbals at the input "Tom 4" but i would like to have one more cymbal with three zones and choke for the third cymbal input.

boekhour

Yes mp3 should be implemented. But solving the cymbal triggering problem is even more important. Now the bell is practically unuseable !!!! But that issue is beeing adressed. Nice.

Hawkeyez

In order of importance to me:

1. METRONOME

2. ABILITY TO ASSIGN DIFFERENT SOUNDS TO EACH CYMBAL ZONE (if you can do this then sorry, I just haven't figured it out yet  ??? )

3. PARAMETRIC EQ