News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

puttenvr

That would require a new module
Can't be done software-wise

PonyTom

Metronome
Metronome
Metronome!!! for the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HM

Relax, there will be a metronome.
Quote from: westerlu77 on March 28, 2010, 12:06:15 PM
I was in Franfurt for three days ago and they showed me a metronome and a new kit called Walnut. This update with for sure more features as the editor of course will be here in mid- late april.

nonoduweb

Hi

@westerlu77: please could you tell us more about the walnut project?

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on March 30, 2010, 05:51:37 AM
Hi

@westerlu77: please could you tell us more about the walnut project?

I think he meant a new kit-preset. (or?  :o)

nonoduweb

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on March 30, 2010, 11:34:30 AM
:-\ Ah yes, I think you're right...

:rock: A new free kit is never wrong!

That is one of the reasons I'll use e-drum instead of regular drums: I'm not stuck to one kit, I can use whatever drumkit I want, even a japanese homemade kit made of plastic (if there is samples of that :p)

westerlu77

It just a new kit, not a whole kit. I think it was toms and bass drum but it sounded good. I know also that 2Box had a meeting with Fxpansion last friday about the future. Hopefully we can see some nice features with them together.

puttenvr

Sometimes only the KIT NAMES are changed without any new sounds

tjemeu

I think it's more realistic if (very) soft strokes on the edge of a cymbal trigger the 'bow' sound and only the harder strokes trigger the 'edge' sound.

tjemeu

Possibility to play cross stick and rimshots on the same snare. For as far as I know it's now only possible to play rimshots. I would like to be able to play cross stick as well, but not by changing the rim sample into a cross stick sound and not be able to play rimshots anymore. I think the module has to play a rimshot sample if it detects that the rim and head of the snare are triggered simultaneously. If only the rim is triggered the cross stick sample has to be played by the module.

fishmonkey

+1 to that!

it really cramps my style not being able to play all three!

if you are using the kit as a MIDI controller, it wouldn't be too hard to filter the incoming MIDI and map simultaneous rim+snare hits to an extra note...

charliec

RETRIG LIMIT TIME.

Too many flams from double impacts on kick drum.

puttenvr

Try to raise the beater, tighten loosen the mesh head and experiment with the settings
I had the RETRIG knob on my Roland kits and never found out what it did

hwasser

Quote from: puttenvr on April 17, 2010, 11:52:20 AM
Try to raise the beater, tighten loosen the mesh head and experiment with the settings
I had the RETRIG knob on my Roland kits and never found out what it did

Tried raise och lower the beaters, did about 10% better or worse. Tried tighten och loosen the skin, loosen it didnt affect the bouncing at all, tighting did it worse. Negative curve 2 makes it a bit better though, but makes it weirder to play.