News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Top software features that you would like added?

Started by Scottie, February 08, 2010, 11:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

add support for playing with brushes?

Yes! Can't live without it!
46 (29.1%)
No - other features are more important
80 (50.6%)
I don't care - what is this "jazz" thing anyway?
13 (8.2%)
Give Puttenvr a light for his kick drum
19 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 26

edtc

Quote from: AA_ on November 11, 2011, 11:34:05 AM
and what about single kits? :D

Yes , but single kits dont have specific "KIT settings" ...( gain, midi , curves..)

AA_

I mean the use of single kits in conjunction with different dkit files.

edtc

Quote from: AA_ on November 11, 2011, 11:50:55 AM
I mean the use of single kits in conjunction with different dkit files.

... yes ,that works...

but imo , an update could be handy ...

edtc

... what i magine is to :

*add some " setup presets" . ( trig settings ,gain , .... midi layout , maybe audio routing too...)

*for each KIT ( single or those from the 100 dkits) , you can chose what " setup preset" is used .

*then , in "global mode" you could chose tu use the " setup preset " specified in the kit , or to override this to use another " setup preset " for all kits .

sorry ,it s not easy to explain ideas in a foreign language...

any thoughts about this ?

lixus

I would love to see that it would be possible to assign any midi note number to bell and edge for cymbals.
Currently if you assign note number 59 to your ride, bell and bow will allways be 60 and 61
but in General Midi bell is 53

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GMStandardDrumMap.gif

espen

I just noticed the same problem.
I haven't seen it before with products like Addictive Drums, Superior or Drumasonic because there you can adjust the midi notes into the software. Now I tried EZDrummer and there you have to use fixed MIDI map and e.g., bow, bell and edge of the ride are not adjacent notes in that map. That sucks!

Does anyone know some easy MIDI mapper which can be used between the module and EZDrummer for to change the notes?

Quote from: lixus on November 11, 2011, 06:19:54 PM
I would love to see that it would be possible to assign any midi note number to bell and edge for cymbals.
Currently if you assign note number 59 to your ride, bell and bow will allways be 60 and 61
but in General Midi bell is 53

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GMStandardDrumMap.gif

espen

Ok,

I found the answer for my question.
At least in Reaper there is a plugin called IX/MIDI_KeyMap.
Whit that I could change the notes from one to another. Works great!

After all, MIDI aftertouch message is something I would like to see in the further upgrades.

kos-mos

- Stereo audio output through USB, (i want to be abble to record the 2box stereo audio stream in a DAW, (like Reaper), using the USB connection.

hwasser

The ability to change trigger type to 2-zone cymbals on the toms (dont know if 3-zone are able to use there hardware-wise?). The same edge-cup, bow-edge with choke that are availible on the cymbal-inputs! :( Cause I want more crashes! MORE CRASHES!! EVEN MORE WINDOWS CRASHES (yeah, I am really bored right now!) :p

fishmonkey

Quote from: kos-mos on December 15, 2011, 10:39:17 AM
- Stereo audio output through USB, (i want to be abble to record the 2box stereo audio stream in a DAW, (like Reaper), using the USB connection.

unfortunately the 2Box module only has USB 1.1, so i don't think this is possible...

Deve Loper

Hi and a good 2012.
Audio over usb 1.1 is easily  possible, however there is no "power" left inside DrumIt to do this.
Cymbals on the tom inputs wont work because they have a piezo amplifier on the ring contact, not a switch detect.
Deve.

fishmonkey

hwasser

Mr Developer, isnt there anyway to make it possible with 1-zone crashes with choke? :(
An expansion-card for the module would be really nice, to increase some more cymbal and tom inputs. I tried the choke aftertouch in addictive drums, it worked ... not so good, it worked when I choked with booth hands or the very very center of the cymbal, when I increased the tom-rim gain with the cymbal the choke got better, but still not very even.

edtc

on a 3 zone cymbal , input we know that the 3  sounds for each zones is contained in a single DSOUND .... could it be possible to have an update so we could assign different DSOUNDS to each zones ?   

that will give some more flexibility  to users , making it easier to change kits on the fly , without the need to have your laptop to make new dsounds ...  or for those who'd like to trigger more sounds via midi using the unused Bell sound on the crashes ....

Jman

This one was mentioned to me by edtc .... Could we get an OS system .... call it a custom OS ... you don't even need to put it on the main 2Box site ... just one for those of us that would like to use it....  Call it the Minimal OS .... an OS with the least latency possible ... IE ... stripped down to the bone ... one that we can play our dsnds, no effects necessary. No songs, no loops necessary...
The cool thing about the OS in this module is we can switch to a new OS in a heartbeat and even revert by pressing buttons on start up ....
Also, I heard rumors of possible more compact format ... would that improve playing or just save space on the card?
a Dedicated 2Box fan ..... J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/