News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Started by sn47som, January 30, 2016, 06:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sn47som

Driving me nuts. How the HELL do I get superior drummer to recognize my 2Box as a device?!! does anyone have experience or know someone that does setting up 2Box with a drum vst, in particular superior drummer?

Ive installed the asio4all driver
superior drummer has been successfully and completely installed and runs great
im running the alesis midi\usb interface cable direct from 2box to laptop and each pad hit registers thru the midi cable to the laptop so i know thats "working" as it blinks each time.
problem is superior drummer ToonTrack Solo (im not running a DAW) doesn't see the 2box as a midi in device! arrrrrgh!
wat am i missing? wat did i do wrong or not do yet?

Coda

The 2box wont appear as a device anywhere on your computer. Midi does not send this information. What you need to do is tell SD that your midi mapping is for the 2box, so when you hit pads, the right sounds are triggered. I'm not a superior expert, but you'll either have to look for a 2box preset (you'll see things like TD-20, DTX600, Alesis whatever), or you'll have to use the learn function and program each midi note accordingly. Someone else will be able to tell you more.

sn47som

Quote from: Coda on January 30, 2016, 06:53:05 PM
The 2box wont appear as a device anywhere on your computer. Midi does not send this information. What you need to do is tell SD that your midi mapping is for the 2box, so when you hit pads, the right sounds are triggered. I'm not a superior expert, but you'll either have to look for a 2box preset (you'll see things like TD-20, DTX600, Alesis whatever), or you'll have to use the learn function and program each midi note accordingly. Someone else will be able to tell you more.
oh I wasnt sure if it would show as a device or not. thx for confirming.  makes it even more cloudy to set up. I did some homework already before makin the thread and tried manually mapping but no success. i tried changing the midi note in the 2box to match the preset in the vst and vice versa and no luck. i still get no sound output. the signal chain is there and i tried mapping the notes to match each drum sound but no drum sound!! of course there isn't a 2box preset in the vst but that shouldn't be a big deal. manually mapping should work. I tried the learn function on the snare and nothing really happened differently than when i wasnt using the learn function. either way still no sound.
also none of the youtubers are big helps thats for sure. they boast their successful set ups in their vids but dont really lend a hand.

sn47som

Quote from: Coda on January 30, 2016, 06:53:05 PM

The main issue is that superior drummer doesn't see ANY signal or information coming from the 2box!! my laptop recognizes the usb cable and recognizes each pad hit but thats it. none of the information is going into superior drummer\toontrack solo. there is a full mixer and master volume levels and NOTHING, no levels are coming into superior drummer.

fishmonkey

OS X or Windows?

was there driver software for the Alesis USB-MIDI device?

can you see the Alesis USB-MIDI device in the Superior Drummer preferences?

Coda

>Ive installed the asio4all driver
Windows.

>was there driver software for the Alesis USB-MIDI device?
There usually isn't because these kinds of devices has OS class drivers. If it's a hybrid or unusual kind of device it might have drivers.