News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Output setup split signals

Started by fjrgrooves, January 30, 2016, 01:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fjrgrooves

Looking for help / guidance.  I need a little more signal from the 2Box module to my Rane mixer.  I was hoping to set bus "Output 1+2" to a variable setting controlled by the volume control (vs. fixed output 1+2!).  The "Phone" output has the option to have bus 7+8 to variable or fixed (7+8!) however "Out 1+2" only seens to all for 1+2!  Am I missing something or a setting?  I would appreciate suggestions how I can get "Out 1+2" to be set so that bus 1 through 4 are variable with the volume control?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Jman

Quote from: fjrgrooves on January 30, 2016, 01:31:22 PM
Looking for help / guidance.  I need a little more signal from the 2Box module to my Rane mixer.  I was hoping to set bus "Output 1+2" to a variable setting controlled by the volume control (vs. fixed output 1+2!).  The "Phone" output has the option to have bus 7+8 to variable or fixed (7+8!) however "Out 1+2" only seens to all for 1+2!  Am I missing something or a setting?  I would appreciate suggestions how I can get "Out 1+2" to be set so that bus 1 through 4 are variable with the volume control?  Thanks in advance for your input.
Pages 55 and 56 of the manual discuss the output assignments. Using a Submix you should be able to accomplish what you want. Use Sub and assign whatever you want to outputs 1 and 2. Sub! is not variable, Sub is variable output. http://www.2box.se/download/pdf/DrumIt_Five_Manual_1_2x_eng.pdf
J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fjrgrooves

Thank you for the quick reply. 

I have tried sub-mix.  Using sub mix, when I remove the drums from the sub it eliminates the ability to use channels 1+2 as pad outputs.  Currently I have the following individual signal routing:
1      Bass
2      Hi HAt
3+4 Snare stereo
5+6 Toms (with Panned)
7      Cymbals
8      Percussion/Accom.

I am OK with a fixed level if I can boost it a bit.

Thanks again!  FJRGROOVES