News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Midi control of the drumit five

Started by Arngrim, March 16, 2016, 02:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arngrim

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the drumit five, and can already state that it is an amazing device!

I know I can connect MIDI in and out to use it as a midi receiver or sender, but I am cannot find the answer to a seemingly simple question: when a song is assigned to a kit (for playback), can I start/stop the playback of this song via a MIDI command?

Background to this question: we have a hardware midi file player that sends control data to all our devices (think switching programs on a guitar effect et al). We would like to also select the specific drumkit for a song on the drumit five (have not tried it, but it should work via program changes messages) and also start the playback for a backing track.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance,
Arngrim

nocturnodrummer

To my knowledge, 2box accepts program change midi commands. I did it in cubase and it worked. Could you tell me the name of that midi device you use? I would be interesting in sth similar.

Arngrim

I am utilizing a Miditemp MP88, unfortunately without waveplayer functionality, hence the idea to launch the sample automatically via the drumit five.

Coda

I don't think it's possible to start/stop the backing tracks on the drumit5 through midi. I'd be interested though if someone knows a way.