News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Trigit snare settings

Started by welshsteve, January 05, 2016, 04:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

welshsteve

Hello,
I have an issue (apart from breaking the connections, but that's on another thread) with triggering the 2box module with the trigit triggers on an acoustic snare with a Mylar head.
The settings are thus...
Acc 1,
Gain 0
Threashold - 36
Mask - 2

Rim - gain 0
Threshold - 16
Mask - 6

Not 100% on these but it's about that.

The problem?

Well playing on the centre of the drum, no issue. Tracks flams, rolls etc fine.

But I rim shot every back beat of a groove and what comes out is very inconsistent. Slight rim shots, ie if I'm not LEATHERING IT, can vary from an almighty "whack" with some audio phasing, to just a whimper of a note.

If I LEATHER every back beat, it's almost as inconsistent. It's difficult to convey in words what I mean. But I've set the gain right, IE hardest hits register a 0db value. I've tried setting it higher, and lower. Different mask times, higher threasholds, acc 2 as well as 3 (which is awful for snare anyway unless you don't okay anything faster than a 16th note at 120 sorta thing)

I recall I had the same issue with pintech trigger perfect triggers. Maybe even the Ddrum ones too, can't remember.

Don't have it with the 12" snare pad though.

Anyone else had/have this?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

teletom007

Hy,
where is the position you have the trigger attached. Here, perhaps, a little further away from the striking position? can help.

welshsteve

Hello and thanks for the reply.
I attach the trigit on the rim, about 11 o'clock. I strike the drum roughly around the centre every time. There's not much adjustment room as its a fixed piezo position on the trigger.
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!