News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Module Stand and/or Flight Case

Started by AndyMo, November 24, 2015, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMo

Hi,

Any recommendations or ideas for stands and/or flight type cases for your 2box module.

Stand: What stand/mount are you using, if you don’t have the 2box rack.

Flight Case: Do you have any flight case recommendations. Perhaps something for not only transportation but also as a bit like a guitar effects pedal board for organizing your modules on stage?

I’m based in the UK and want something suitable for gigging.

Thanks!
Andy

Coda

I bought an ex-demo rack from drum-tec. If I hadn't I would have bought an mds9 like I had for the td9. I needed something light enough that I could carry to/from the car. All my cymbals and hw is in a hard plastic suitcase, my toms/snare go in a large IKEA bag, and the module goes in its box and then in my backpack. I can just about manage carrying all of this, but I'm considering getting one of the pearl branded golf club style bags instead.

AndyMo

Thanks Coda. I was thinking about something a little like a guitar effects case for my module (and perhaps mixer and Gen16 controller, if I go that route). I thought it would be neat to have a case for transportation but also suitable on stage. And perhaps units already patch cabled where possible. I've not come across anything yet. If I manage to locate or build something, I'll post it here : )

Coda

I'd do something like that also, but take a page from Roland, and put a single 25pin D port on the case, which would mate to the wiring on the rack. It's not so bad these days plugging in a dozen trigger and audio cables, but I'd rather not do it at all.