News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

DSoundTool 0.37

Started by Louis, January 27, 2010, 10:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baby Samus

Quote from: puttenvr on January 29, 2010, 04:03:59 PM
Couldn't it say better.

Another point is: 2Box is releasing an editor (somewhere, somehow) and at this moment I can't predict which editor is better. If the DSoundTool was the only software around, I would certainly pay for it.

PS: the dutch just bought Saab. We did it for the Swedish community. So ...
(bad joke)  :P

All valid points, at the end of the day its up to the software writer whether he wants to charge or not, and on how desperate you are to start putting your own samples on the module.  Great tool though, makes me wish wish I could program a computer!

Yes Puttenvr, thank god Saab are not owned by general motors any more!  Spyker bought them I think, so at least now we have a proper car company behind the name.  Saab cars were so good until GM bought them, 'borrowed' some of their technology and left them to rot.  Think GM only released 2 new models in almost a decade.  The name Saab deserves better and hopefully Spyker will be able to put the magic back in.  I only know this because my brother is a Saab nut who has 2 (yes 2 the exact same) Black Aero 95 models and he has been going on about it non stop!

TrommelTheo

Buy an orange drum is OK,

BUT!

WHO THE F... WOULD BUY AN ORANGE SAAB???  :animal:
(worst joke, sorry  ;D)
Theo

alainV

Quote from: Louis on January 28, 2010, 07:45:20 PM
Hi Alain,

It means that the version of your jre is probably too old. You need jre 1.6.

I checked on www.java.com, http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp, where they told that Apple has its own Java version.
they referred to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1338?viewlocale=en_US to get an updated version.

Please let me know if this helps or not; if not, then I probably need to step down on Java version in my development. I am sorry for this, I don't have a Mac and I assumed that by now jre 1.6 was standard on all operating systems.

Has anyone succeeded running DSoundTool on MAC?

Ok, the system choosed an old version first. That was the problem. I have changed the preference in "java preferences", and now it choose the good version. And DSoundTool opens correctly.

Thank's!

Louis

Quote from: alainV on January 31, 2010, 06:08:08 PM
Ok, the system choosed an old version first. That was the problem. I have changed the preference in "java preferences", and now it choose the good version. And DSoundToll opens correctly.

Thank's!

Ok, good to hear!
8)

emilhedman

Nice work!

The app is easy to use and works pretty well, exept I can't seem to load any cymbal .dsnd-files.
I've swapped the snare and toms using both the one file and multiple files techniques, and I can play those on the kit no problem.
But any cymbal files I transfer to the kit are silent. I can find the file on the kit computer, but it's silent.

Am I missing something? The cymbal dsnd-files I have made use around 30 samples each and avarage at roughly 35MB in filesize as well.
Any help is highly appreciated!

Thanks
/Emil

Louis

Hi Emil,

I am sorry to hear about your cymbal problems.

Was it the hihat, or another cymbal? Up until now, DSoundTool did not have proper support for hihat, but other cymbals should work fine.

I would suggest that you try the new version that I just uploaded and see if the problem still exists. If it does, could you describe a bit more in detail:
- how the .dsnd file looks like when you open it with the tool (which zones, how many layers), perhaps you could make a screen shot and send me a PM
- if you hear sounds in the tool when you click with the mouse in the colored zones

Louis

drew

Quote from: Remi on January 29, 2010, 04:17:36 PM
If you ask money for the software you have also the responsibility when something goes wrong
after installation or use of the software.
(think of crashes with loss of data)
without insurance this may lead to very high fees when it comes to liable.

Okay, um, I'm not going to get into how completely out of line it is for someone to threaten somebody else over an internet forum with ZOMG DIRE CONSEQUENCES as a reward for his hard work making a tool available for the good of the community, because I will then be placed on moderation for life due to the stream of creative yet most profane invective that would spew forth from my fingers like an unstoppable freight train.

More to the point,, is that you're not even right.

I have a program running on my computer right now that is vital to me; without it, the computer would be completely unusable. I used it to read this forum and I'm using it right now to respond to messages. It costs $1200. Here is a sample from the license agreement for this program.

QuoteThe program provided to the Licensee is being provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the program is with the Licensee. Freedom Scientific does not warrant that the functions contained in the program will meet the Licensee's requirements or that the operation of the program will be uninterrupted or error free.

LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
In no event will Freedom Scientific be liable to the Licensee for any damages, including any lost profits, loss of savings or any other incidental or consequential damages as may arise out of the use or inability to use the program, even if Freedom Scientific personnel or agents have been advised of the possibility of such damages.

I could go on, but there's no point. In short: you are an asshole, and you are also wrong. Kindly don't speak again. Ever.

macleod

Drew, your comment is not fair and there is no reason to use such a strong language on this forum I guess....

UC

Duly noted. PMs will be issued.

NeilC

Quote from: drew on February 18, 2010, 11:10:09 AM

I could go on, but there's no point. In short: you are an person whose ideals and values I don't share, and you are also wrong. Kindly don't speak again. Ever.

Keep your personal opinions about other forum users to yourself please - even if in jest.