News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

JMan hihat mod review

Started by Pinion101, September 26, 2015, 12:20:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinion101

Since I bought the original 2Box kit around 5 years ago, I have struggled massively with the hihats. I've had Roland electronic kits in the past and worked in music stores for several years and have tried pretty much every kit on the market. I've never made recordings with the 2Box that I haven't had to mess with due to the hihats suddenly triggering closed sounds, glitching, and playing 8th notes with the pedal yielded an absolute mess of false triggering.

I tried EVERYTHING. Better hihat stands, every possible configuration in the unit, modifying stands, you name it. I was about to buy a Roland kit for the brain and hihat control and MIDI it in to the 2Box brain, just so I could play the hihats properly.

Then, I bought JMan's hihat stand mod.

My hihats are now perfect. I can play the kit properly. It's fixed. This little box should come as standard with every 2Box kit.

If you're one of the people on here who struggle with the hihats, I guarantee I have read every single post on your thread looking for a new fix. I've excitedly installed every new update hoping that it'd fix the hihats. The problem is the trigger in the hihat pad. The solution is JMan's hihat stand mod. That's all there is to it.

You do need to use a different hihat trigger with the mod - you can't use the 2Box hihat trigger, but I think we'd all agree that the 2Box cymbal triggers are very loud (acoustically) and the rubber tends to split, so using a Yamaha or Roland trigger is a good thing. Plus, I'm going to take five years of frustration out on my hihat trigger by smashing it, angle grinding it, and finally setting it on fire and watching it burn.

Thanks to JMan for shipping to Australia! That little plastic box has changed my life.

tassuperkart

Couldnt agree more Pinion.

My experience is  more limited with 2-Box e-hats as Im using a roland cy trigger and an old Alesis springy switch pedal thingo that I modified, but no less frustrating and I too, have read every artical i could find!!!!
Once i got my head around the setup, the hats work as well as anything else apart from my dodgey old pedal which is completely lifeless and springy.
J-man is a pleasure to deal with and replies very quickly and I could not praise his service, advice and product any more highly!

Im in Aus as well if you need a spare Stealth hat conversion quickly LOL!

E

Jman

Thanks guys! The positive feedback is appreciated! J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

hemiboy

Yeah . whose better than our Jman, nobody!

Jman

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

drumsonly2002