News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal Trigger Issue.

Started by mijomoonfetus, October 20, 2015, 11:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mijomoonfetus

Hello this is my first post, I've had my 2box Drumit 5 since March of 2015 so it's still fairly new and it is my first electronic kit. Anyways, I've just started to have an issue with one of the cymbal pads, it seems to only trigger when I hit it really hard and even then it's extremely inconsistent and the volume of the hit goes up to about an 8 on the module reader. There's no way a cymbal is already starting to poop on me, grant it I practice on it daily for a couple hours or more but unfortunately I didn't get the Guitar Center "pro coverage" for it either. Don't know if its still under the 2box warranty either since I lost the manual. Can anyone help? Ive messed around with the metal lugs underneath, and the skinny little rubber outer edge as well, everything seems to look fine but I feel that something is still causing it to choke. could it be dust? or was it poorly glued? I've been going through as many posts as I can but can't seem to figure out the problem. please help 2box fam! thank you!

TLDR: Cymbal only triggers when hit hard and even then it is extremely inconsistent.

digitalDrummer

2box has a 12-month warranty, so you should be covered by warranty - if you have some proof of purchase.

Dennis

Have you tried turning up the trigger sensitivity or choosing different trigger types?

Drum2

It sounds like a bad contact or a bad solder joint. Did you try the cable from the other cymbal? You can also clean the jack plug.

mijomoonfetus

Quote from: digitalDrummer on October 21, 2015, 01:38:23 AM
2box has a 12-month warranty, so you should be covered by warranty - if you have some proof of purchase.

Sweet thanks! I'll it them up

mijomoonfetus

Quote from: Dennis on October 21, 2015, 09:35:02 AM
Have you tried turning up the trigger sensitivity or choosing different trigger types?

yes I have :/ This poop just won't budge, the triggering is really inconsistent and strange.

mijomoonfetus

Quote from: Drum2 on October 21, 2015, 07:03:09 PM
It sounds like a bad contact or a bad solder joint. Did you try the cable from the other cymbal? You can also clean the jack plug.

Yeah I've tried different wires and cleaning the jack, that's not it either. Although the contact might have possibly been knocked out.

Travis182

Maybe contact the distributor for some help?