News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The name: 2box

Started by alainV, January 25, 2010, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alainV

Did they choose this name because the entire drum kit is shipped into two boxes?

And why drumit5?

UC

2box - yep - it comes in 2 boxes :)

As for the Drumit5 - my understaning is it's a kind of recognition that this is what the DDrum 5 could/should have been - without breaking any copyright laws, since Clavia went and sold the good DDrum name to Armadillo, who subsequently "threw out the baby with the bath water" and now produce acoustics for the most part.

Un petit peu d'histoire ici :)

b

also its a five piece kit

alainV

so if they sell a 8 pieces kit... they will name it drumit8, from the 3box company? 8)

NeilC

I'm sure I read somewhere that even thought the DrumIt does come in 2Box's this isn't the reasoning behind the name.... Maybe Deve could shed some light....

hmmmm

UC

Aye, it's true, you're right.

http://www.2box.se/Pages/musikmesse_pageone.html

QuoteHere at 2Box we scan the forums and websites just to see what is being said about DrumIt Five. There are a few things that have been said, that have made us smile. One great comment we have read is that the company is called 2Box because the kit comes in two boxes. Whilst the kit does come in two boxes, we looked into the future and saw that equipment coming in the future could come in one box or many boxes, so let us just assure you, that the name 2Box has nothing to do with how many boxes the kit comes in.

*deflates slightly*

puttenvr

To box

I box
He boxes
We Box
They Box

TrommelTheo

"... they are living in a box, ... they are living in a Drumit-Box..."  :animal:*hehe*

Theo

Steve

ddrum stands/stood for digital drum, not acoustic drums.  I still can't accept the acoustic ddrum line.  It's just wrong and I won't get over it. ddrum was state of the art and to this day is better than anything out there aside from 2box. The 2 box name is weird not as cool as ddrum.  I love the lighted bass drum just wish is said edrum or something hipper.

It's the sounds that matter though and the 2box has that covered. Maybe a snap on band logo thing can be put over the kick down the road. Lots of opportunities as this kit will be the next best thing. I was kind of expecting either the co. to not make it in the economic climate or a larger company like Roland to buy them out and bury it to sell their stuff. Happy to have the unit.