News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

No flash, no fat, no os on startup

Started by Reno mellow, July 06, 2015, 08:33:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reno mellow

I have recently bought a 2Box and I used the software provided online "DrumIt Five Editor" to load my own samples in the module.
I did this several times and everything went perfectly.

Recently I loaded a file in .dsnd format (which is the module's native storage format) which weighed 510 Mo. (it was a multi sample hi-hat)
Since then, every timeI restart the module, it tells me "error flash" - "Fat error" - "No OS" and goes directly to USB mode without me pressing the USB button.
The trouble is that, as it goes into USB mode, it appears as a disk in my computer... but my computer wants format the "disk", otherwise it won't open it.
As a consequence I cannot use the module nor access it via USB to reset it!

I think the problem is that the .dsnd file is too heavy for a FAT32 disk storage format (if that is the case).
If I do format it, it will probably be in NTFS and I'm not sure whether the module will still work!
Anyway, I think the editing software should mention a weight limit for the module in order to avoid such issues.

I am now completely stuck, I don't dare format without an expert opinion and have no way whatsoever to access the content of the module!
Do you have an idea?

For your information, I made a complete back up of the module when I first got it, so I have all the necessary files for a complete reinstallation.
But of course, in order to do so I need to be able to access the module...

Thank you so much for your help,

fishmonkey

i very much doubt that the size of your hihat DSND is the problem, i have some that are larger than that. something else has gone wrong. maybe the memory card was corrupted when you last had it connected to your computer, or maybe the card is faulty.

if you have a backup, then reformat (as FAT32) and restore from your backup. if that doesn't work then more troubleshooting is needed.

here is one good utility for reformatting the card:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

teletom007

Hy,
Stopgap: you can open the device. then you take the SD card and editing with the PC.

tom

edtc

Quote from: teletom007 on July 07, 2015, 06:52:00 AM
Hy,
Stopgap: you can open the device. then you take the SD card and editing with the PC.

tom

here s link for opening the module safely ... 

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,991.0.html

Jman

Since you mentioned you "recently" bought your 2Box, if it is under warranty you might want to contact 2Box or the retailer or distributor. The problem is with the card and will be a simple reformat/reload or a card replacement, but I just thought if it is almost brand new you might want to go that route.

If you end up having to open the unit you might consider doing the 32GB card mod. I have an ad in the classified if interested. With the card mod you always have access to the card for making changes or even swapping cards externally.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Dennis

This happened to me 2 days after receiving my module no flash no fat no os, for what ever reason the sd card was at fault, I'm still waiting on a replacement its been about 5 weeks now. My distributer authorised me to do the card change so while I was waiting I decided to reformat the sd that was in the 2box and presto working like a dream now. But very slow service as I'm still waiting