News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2Box gigging amp

Started by Drumagination, September 13, 2015, 07:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drumagination

I tried out a 2Box module and had to have one in my gigging set. My ELectronic Bass Drum (EBD) is powered by a 2,000 watt Carvin amp mounted inside the shell.

The module rests in a shock-proof foam throne made with foam strips and a hot glue gun. Cooling air is directed under and through the module.

Coda

That looks very interesting, however I'm curious about the bicycle wheel thing behind you. What is it, a metronome? :)

Jman

Good to see you here. The 2Box is something you looked into a while back. I think you'll be pleased with it's capabilities. Be sure to install the latest OS 1.30. There are a few nice improvements with the latest OS especially for tweaking trigger types and parameters with other brand pads. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Lustar

Thanks for sharing, that's some serious kick power!

The contraption in the background has to be one the following:
- a perpetual motion device

- a cooling fan actioned by the kick pedals. It powers a fan behind the drummer, providing a nice air flow during the performance.
- an electricty generator powered by the kick pedals
- a time machine, when the drummer reaches 880 BPM the light from the flux capacitor (the kick) turns from blue to orange and the 2000 watt amp sends the drummer to the 70s
- a home-made exercise bike

Jman

Mark is definitely an inventor.  :rock:
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

I have always loved the EBD concept. Great to see that you have integrated the 2Box module into your setup.   8)

Coda

Quote from: Lustar on September 14, 2015, 04:27:09 PM...when the drummer reaches 880 BPM....
I see what you did there  :rock:
Quotesends the drummer to the 70s
...though I think I'd still prefer to go back to 1955. Just not in post-war Britain  :-\

Drumagination

You guys are 2Funny!
In answer to your question....
It is:
an exercise bike
a flight simulator (the pedal speed controls the throttle setting)
a rowing machine
a swim/surf trainer
a kayak trainer
a core strengthener

"- a time machine, when the drummer reaches 880 BPM the light from the flux capacitor (the kick) turns from blue to orange and the 2000 watt amp sends the drummer to the 70s"

Not required, since I have been stuck in the 70s since, well, the 70s. ;D

Mark
Drumagination.com

Lustar

Nickname idea for the EBD: "Kick from the Future" :) It looks very cool with the multi-purpose da Vinci device in the background. If anyone is curious about the pedals look at the website and the video demos, the TwinSteele pedal is very interesting.

Drumagination

Mystery solved.....this is the flight simulator side:

Mark
Drumagination.com

Coda

Lustar

Drumagination

Thanks Lustar!
"Kick to the future" has a nice ring to it.
By the way, I just bought your software...I will need it to figure out how to trigger my pedals (5 piezos total).

Mark
Drumagination.com

Darthsleader

Wow, that is seriously cool!

Can you tell me what you've done with the two PD7s next to the hihat pedal? And what's that extra pad right in front of the bass drum playing area?

Thanks,

Jer

Drumagination

I invented the world's most musical drum pedals.

https://youtu.be/HQbB0hbpFwA