News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

BFD 3 problem with SDSE

Started by Dashriprock, August 21, 2015, 01:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashriprock

I have had problems exporting from BFD 3 ,sometimes it makes a DSND file and sometimes a wav ,mostly wav.I tried reinstalling Java.My PC only has 2gb of ram the minimum needed for BFD 3.I suspect its my PC is to slow, it has trouble especially exporting HIHAT Files.  Any solutions..Thanks..

Lustar

Hi,
If memory is limited I would recommend to export only a few pieces at a time and do the HiHat separately. In SDSE Options/General you can set Export Mode to Medium, it will save a lot of memory.
If it didn't build the HiHat to dsnd but you still have the wav, keep reaper open with the same BFD3 kit loaded and click Convert in SDSE, it will convert the wav to dsnd without rendering again. If you have SDSE 2.4.0 make sure to update to SDSE 2.4.1, it can be installed directly (no need to uninstall). There's a change in the latest version that was made for a similar situation when building a HiHat from BFD3.

Dashriprock

Hi Again, I tried changing to medium ,installed 2.41,still only converts to wav .now i get a message in sdse saying copy dsound jar to somwhere ,i dont know what that means.I tried to covert 1 piece only still only wave.I dont think my dsound tool works.Thanks

Lustar

If your computer is connected to internet it should have installed dsoundtool in the SDSE folder during setup. If it's missing you can download it here and extract it in C:\Program Files\SDSE

To install SDSE on a computer without access to internet it's possible to prepare a portable version of SDSE:
- start SDSE-install.exe on a computer with internet
- select "Portable Installation" and install on a USB drive
- after setup SDSE and reaper will start, you can close them

Once you have installed SDSE there's no need to uninstall it to update to a new version. You can install the new version directly and will keep dsoundtool.jar and reaper. To do a full install again you would need to prepare a portable version first.

(I just sent you a mail with a link to a portable version that you can extract directly)

Dashriprock

Hi,I uninstalled everything reinstalled online sdse.Now i was able to export 1 cymbal to dsnd with success.I will try more and hope it keeps working.Thank you again.

Dashriprock

Hi again,It only will work 1 time then the next time i try its a wave file only.I unistalled every  thing ,and taking a break.

Lustar

If it's on Windows 64-bit make sure that the only version of Java that is installed is the 64-bit version. If it still lacks memory after setting Export Mode to Medium in SDSE and making sure no other program is running at the same time on the computer I would change the BFD3 settings:
in BFD3 click Tools, Preferences, Engine, Streaming Engine
set Profile at the bottom of the window to "standard 1-2GB of RAM"
then set both stream buffer and RAM buffer to 8192 (top/left of the window)
check "16-bit Mode"
After changing the settings close reaper and start it again to make sure that the settings are applied, it will use less memory.

Dashriprock

Hi,Changing the ram buffer to 8192 has worked doing 2 kick drums,i will try a hihat and hope it works too. Do i loose any sound quality on the Dsnd file when lowering rates.   Do i still get max velocity.Thanks very much again..

Dashriprock

Thank you Lustar, It is working on HiHats now.Problem Solved again,Thank you !

Lustar

Great!
Max Velocity Layers set to 64 limits the amount of samples, if it works with the new settings I would try setting it to 99. Lowering the buffers doesn't change the sound. 16-bit is OK but you would need to make sure that the volume of the pieces is not too low. In SDSE Export Mode set to Medium won't render as many samples as the default setting but can be close (it's also faster)