News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What kind of interface do you use?

Started by westerlu77, January 22, 2010, 10:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westerlu77

I want to buy a external interface to my mac for some recording with 2box and Superior in Logic.
Tip anyone? I read about Presonus Firestudio Project which seems to be nice with 8 ins.

hwasser

Quote from: westerlu77 on January 22, 2010, 10:08:34 AM
I want to buy a external interface to my mac for some recording with 2box and Superior in Logic.
Tip anyone? I read about Presonus Firestudio Project which seems to be nice with 8 ins.

I use RME Fireface400, the converters on them are really good, almost the same as the RME ADI-8 which costs more than the interface itself. Very stable drivers and low latency. The mic preamps are very quite even with the gain turned up high. It has 8 inputs (2 mic/line, 2 high-z/line, 4 line) and 6 inputs.

But it cost the twice (at least in europe).

This is also an alternative M-AUDIO PROFIRE 2626

I heard problems about stable drivers on the Presonus Firestudio. But maybe they're worked out by now.

westerlu77

Where did you heard that problems from?
I think that 409 € for Presonus is a nice price on Thomann.
I don't think you can find any other firewire-interface with 8 inputs for that price? Or?

NeilC

I have a FireWire Terratec Phase 88 Rack which was all I could afford when I needed a portable solution. This has 2x MIDI ins/outs and digital ins/outs...

Looks like it has been superceded by this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/terratec_phase88_recordinginterface.htm

which is the PCI version not sure about FireWire...

spoenk

there are surely lots of things out there, i've got the RME fireface800 --- it's not cheap, but for the long run, kind of an industry standard really...at first i bought/used something else, half the price, but i only had problems with performance, drivers, latency ... that was a focusrite saffire pro 26i/o discontinued after two or three years...only good thing about this one is, that the preamps are quite good and i can use it as an 8-channel mic-pre and connect it via adat to the fireface...
i would always recommend RME stuff...

westerlu77

I'm quite sure that I will not find any better product than Presonus Firestudio Mobile for like 310€.

Mixmaster5

Hi

I work with Logic so I have some questions:
1. Do you need an audio interface to record on Logic or do you need an audio interface?
2. Are you able to use the midi sofware instruments with 2box drumit?
3. What kind of ative monitors do you have for your e drum
4. I m new on this forum so how can you make your own messages which everybody can see and reply? :)

Thanks for replyinf