News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Another hole in the head - Pink Floyd

Started by Murgen, July 27, 2015, 07:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Hmm ... having a blast with Neue Deutsche Welle (BAP, Spider Murphy Gang, Nena und so on) I noticed another snare head with a hole. It was on tension so I cannot blame myself. I ordered a Real Feel from Drum-Tec to see how that head keeps up.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Coda

Have you ever tried the Roland 2-ply (Remo-made)? I'm a hard hitter and had one on a PDX-8 for 6 years and it never wore out. I bought a 12" one for my new DIY snare, precisely for that reason. Tough as nails.

Murgen

Thank you, I played a Roland TD3 and the heads are good. So was my first 682 but something must have changed because my playing style has not  :o  I will consider the Roland heads when the Drum-tec fails on me.
--------

Jman

The Roland heads aren't cheap, but their endurance makes up for it. I have had Roland heads for 10 years plus that are still performing great. I've only ruined two Roland heads over the years. Both times the stick broke and I didn't stop playing quick enough.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Coda

Quote from: Jman on July 28, 2015, 02:36:51 AM
The Roland heads aren't cheap, but their endurance makes up for it.
^This. I'm a cheapskate, in the sense that I won't pay for nothing :-) This is why I put Remo Silentstroke single-ply on toms, Remo-Roland on my snare. I play live regularly in church and against most people's preconceptions we play more rock kind of stuff :) - which is just as well because my cross-stick is not working on my new snare with the 2box, yet ::) (due to rim/head separation).
BTW - I'm playing my 2box live for the first time this Sunday. I'm so excited... ;D

QuoteI have had Roland heads for 10 years plus that are still performing great. I've only ruined two Roland heads over the years. Both times the stick broke and I didn't stop playing quick enough.
You are the first person I've read saying that a broken stick ruined a head (even though I've been reading all the scare stories on vdrums.com for years that it *could* happen).

Murgen

Good luck playing live! Take time to soundcheck and do not rush the setup. :)
--------

Coda

Quote from: Murgen on July 28, 2015, 07:32:11 AM
Good luck playing live! Take time to soundcheck and do not rush the setup. :)
Thanks. I've still got to figure out routing on the module (way more options than the TD-9 lol), and I've sent a message to the sound engineer to make sure he is on time... he will balk when he sees I am prepared to give him 8 line-outs if he wants them ;D

Murgen

Back on Topic: Real feel Drum-tec snare head mounted, will keep you posted. Feels good, works good but I'm rusty as hell.  :o :o :o
--------