News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

My MK1 snare stand just snapped :-(

Started by BeechCustom, July 31, 2015, 11:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeechCustom

Hey all

Some bad news, the snare stand on my MK1 Drumit5 has just snapped - specifically the metal rod that runs horizontal underneath the snare pad has snapped just before the square bolt in the middle.  Boo!

I'm not an especially heavy hitter and I'm using wooden tipped 5As but I have been on it for many hours per day since I got it (got loads of function gigs with different bands coming up).  In any event, this shouldn't happen should it?

Anyway, I've put the snare pad on a traditional snare stand for now.  Fully extended it's slightly lower than I would normally have it but it's doing the job.  I removed the bolt and ring that you would normally attach the hexagonal snare stand to cos it is now flapping around. 

My question is, is there any reason why I shouldn't mount the snare pad from a MK1 kit on a traditional snare stand?  I don't want to damage it obviously so thought I'd better check with you guys before I do much more playing on it.

Cheers, Phil

InTheBox

Nope, no reason why you shouldn't. The MK1 rack was discontinued for a reason and the MK2 rack comes with a regular snare stand. The pads haven't changed much between MK1 and 2.