News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New E-drum Magazine

Started by puttenvr, January 16, 2010, 07:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

COOMING SOON, it says

Where is the edition with Rabb on the cover?

digitalDrummer

Quote from: puttenvr on March 27, 2010, 02:02:43 PM
COOMING SOON, it says

Where is the edition with Rabb on the cover?

The Johnny Rabb edition was a promotional issue produced for market research. If you email me, I'll provide a link off-air.
And, by the way, to those critics who commented on the "old men" on the covers, I think Oli is on the right side of 40...
Enjoy
Allan
PS: Still waiting for a review 2Box kit!!!!

puttenvr

puttenvr

New issue Digital Drummer is online
http://www.digitaldrummermag.com/

digitalDrummer

Hopefully, a 2box review in the January edition!!

digitalDrummer

The latest edition of digitalDrummer is now live, and 2box gets a couple of mentions
The February issue looks at some of the innovations unveiled at NAMM.
After the huge interest in our comparison of mesh heads last year, we listen closely to e-cymbals in a comprehensive analysis of stick noise on the most popular models out there,.
And the cymbal coverage also includes a review of two new VST offerings from names generally associated with acoustics – Bosphorus and Zildjian..
Our profiled artists are two very different musicians – percussionist and 2box endorsee Pete Lockett and Irish folk drummer Frank Jooss – and there are a few surprises in both interviews.
Also, go behind the scenes at the Second International Vdrums Collaboration, and see Dannii's Monster Kit.
Read all this and more in the latest edition of digitalDrummer, and you can also win a dozen pairs of custom drumsticks by flipping through our stick comparison feature.
We're sure there's plenty to keep you informed and entertained in the latest issue.
The magazine is totally free, but you are required to register. Those already registered will soon get an email alert.
Enjoy!

puttenvr

Still no 2Box review?
We want to know how good this kit is  ;D

digitalDrummer

Quote from: puttenvr on January 27, 2011, 05:08:02 PM
Still no 2Box review?
We want to know how good this kit is  ;D
Your wish is my command. Right now, I have a 2box kit set up and in review mode, so all will be revealed in the May issue. Just one question for those of you with the kit: do you find the headphone output really soft? I'm not sure if it's the review kit or the settings (I have cranked everything up all the way), but I'm finding the headphone volume very quiet...

edtc

hello....

very quiet is surprising ... for some kits i  have to go up to eleven , but usually 3/4 is ok... i use DT770M 80ohm ... did you try to increase the gain settings on the triggers ?

fishmonkey

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 27, 2011, 10:52:53 PM
Just one question for those of you with the kit: do you find the headphone output really soft? I'm not sure if it's the review kit or the settings (I have cranked everything up all the way), but I'm finding the headphone volume very quiet...

what impedance are your headphones?

puttenvr

No, with a Sennheiser headphone it's even quite loud
Never go beyond 75% of the volume

hwasser

On my Beyerdynamic dt250 it is loud to, usually have the volume on 75-85%

digitalDrummer

I usually use Audio Technica ATH 910 Pros which are plenty loud with my TD-20, but very soft on the 2box. So I've tried some cheap Phillips headphones which are a bit better.
Now the learning curve begins...

fishmonkey

the ATH 910 Pros are only 40 Ohm impedance, and should be plenty loud enough with the 2 Box.

something is amiss...