News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New E-drum Magazine

Started by puttenvr, January 16, 2010, 07:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remi

Already signed in puttenvr?

it looks a bit old-fashioned.

puttenvr

Yeah, I read it
It's not old fashioned at all
There's only a middle aged man on the cover
New and old e-drums are published, and there is an article about amplification

digitalDrummer

Hi there,

I'm Allan and I'm the editor of digitalDrummer.
The first edition features articles on a range of topics:
* Pearl's entry into the e-drum market with its E-Pro Live kit.
* Yamaha's DTX-M12 is put through its paces in our first gear review.
* Meet Tom Roady, a pioneer of electronic percussion and a widely respected musician.
* Roland's TD-8 module is still sought-after, long after its withdrawal. We examine its ongoing appeal.
* Find out why Kit Toys disappeared - and if they'll be back.
* Who is Keith Raper? Meet the man behind the circuit.
* All that - and so much more - in the debut edition of digitalDrummer
The magazine is totally free. You simply need to register with an email and password - we need that so we can tell you when the next one goes live. You can unsubscribe at any time.
I'm hoping to have a full 2Box review in the second edition.
Come on over to www.digitaldrummermag.com - you'll find we're anything but old-fashioned. Cutting-edge publishing technology and a fresh approach to drumming and music journalism with some of the big names of the industry among our contributors.
See you there (and here!)

UC

Hi Allan

Thanks for dropping by :). Consider me signed up!

The emag thing is an interesting format, but is there any way to get the content on my phone?

hope the magazine does well!
cheers
Tom

Remi

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 21, 2010, 10:11:26 AM

Hi there,

I'm Allan and I'm the editor of digitalDrummer.
The first edition features articles on a range of topics:
* Pearl's entry into the e-drum market with its E-Pro Live kit.
* Yamaha's DTX-M12 is put through its paces in our first gear review.
* Meet Tom Roady, a pioneer of electronic percussion and a widely respected musician.
* Roland's TD-8 module is still sought-after, long after its withdrawal. We examine its ongoing appeal.
* Find out why Kit Toys disappeared - and if they'll be back.
* Who is Keith Raper? Meet the man behind the circuit.
* All that - and so much more - in the debut edition of digitalDrummer
The magazine is totally free. You simply need to register with an email and password - we need that so we can tell you when the next one goes live. You can unsubscribe at any time.
I'm hoping to have a full 2Box review in the second edition.
Come on over to www.digitaldrummermag.com - you'll find we're anything but old-fashioned. Cutting-edge publishing technology and a fresh approach to drumming and music journalism with some of the big names of the industry among our contributors.
See you there (and here!)

Hi Allen,

I like the idea of a magazine like this.
I only looked at the cover, I didn't read it yet.
It was first impression of the "looks" of the magazine.

I Still find that it could be more 2010 in combination with more tech looks.
BUT, it's only a detail. ;)

digitalDrummer

Thanks for the feedback. We'll certainly try and make it look as cutting-edge as possible.
The next cover will have Chester Thompson on it - ex-Genesis and Phil Collins. He's one impressive drummer and a big fan of electronics.

puttenvr

digitalDrummer

I assume you're talking about me?

UC

Hey puttenvr - no stone-throwing in glass houses please  :P

puttenvr

The youngsters keep silent
And agree ...

puttenvr

digitalDrummer

You're quick off the mark:

Bigger and better than the launch edition, this month's magazine includes an in-depth interview with Chester Thompson, the former Genesis and Phil Collins drummer and an e-drums enthusiast from way back.
There's the first comprehensive comparison of mesh heads, with digitalDrummer testing several of the best-known brands on the market.
Headphones are the focus of a Special Report, and we profile some of the popular models best suited to e-drumming, while also explaining the differences between the various types. There's also some sound advice on auditioning headphones.
This edition also includes everything you wanted to know and were afraid to ask about VSTs – as well as a profile of an amateur user.
There's heaps of good advice in the DIY section as well as a road test of Jman's stealth acoustic cymbal conversion kit.
In the training area, we review a DVD training pack and provide a special discount to readers who want to order a set. There's also a step-by-step guide to notation and our lesson covers the Bossa Nova.
There are lots of familiar names and faces from vdrums.com!
Read all this and more in the April edition of digitalDrummer.
Still no 2Box review - even though I have been promised a review kit!!! Keep watching this space...

Remi

How can I read the first issue?

digitalDrummer

One of the tabs give you the option to view back issues...