News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Recording 2Box

Started by nicog, June 23, 2015, 12:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicog

Hi guys, this is probably off-tpoic, I just wanted to heard your thoughts. In order to record  drums tracks with my drumit5, I have to choose an audio interface. So, most of their difference are in the preamps (or that waht I heard), but for recording the drumit5 I think I dont need preamps. Would just analog inputs work? Is there any card with just analog inputs?
Thanks-

fishmonkey

what is your budget? and how many channels do you want to record simultaneously?

nicog

Hi, not sure about the budget.. but I was thinking on 8 channels minimum

mcrackins

Quote from: nicog on June 25, 2015, 02:00:51 PM
Hi, not sure about the budget.. but I was thinking on 8 channels minimum

Hi Nicog,

I just finished mastering my new album and recorded all my 2box drums using http://us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-18i8 Cost me around $450

Fantastic unit, well built, and suited up with the 2box perfectly. I have a cable snake going from the 2box module to the 8 inputs on the front and back of the unit. It also comes with the a software mixer so you can tweak the input volumes if need be. Used Presonus Studio One 2 Producer as my DAW.

I used a hybrid Steve Slate 4 Platinum kit for my VST. I went DI for bass with a Radial J48 active direct box. Guitars used a Blackstar DST emulated output and mic'd VOX and Lead guitars. Had the whole album mixed at very nice studio and it sounds huge.

I'll be posting a stream in the next  month of so when the album is coming out.

nicog

mcrackins that is great, cant wait to heard it.
For the moment, the scarlet is my first option and second is the presonus 1818 vsl, I 'll keep researching
thanks-

edtc

Behringer has released the XR18 console . It s a 18in 8 out tablet driven mixer with usb connection so you can have 18 in/out with a computer ...

It cost 700 dollars , but for the price , you have fully automated EQ GATE COMP plus 4 high quality effects . Also you get 31 band graphic on every outs ...

Good alternative for those who need effects , and want to taylor the sound ...