News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Generating multiple dsnds files from single wave files

Started by nocturnodrummer, June 12, 2015, 04:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocturnodrummer

Hello, long time no see :)

I have a question for you guys. Let's say I want to create a dance-electro kit and I already have the single hits wave I need. For instance 50 different kick drums, 50 snares etc, all one hit per wave file. Is there a way to make like a batch conversion? I tried in dsoundtool and 2box editor and I have to do it one by one which is tiresome. Is there a way to automate the process? Like choose folder with waves and then every wave is converted into a single hit dsnd file.

Cheers

Lustar

Hi,

I was going to say that it's possible with the latest beta of SDSE that I prepared to allow converting wav files to individual dsnd files without renaming the files to particular zones but now that I read your post again I'm afraid it wasn't what you wanted. Is it to convert a whole kit from wav files with 1 wav file per layer (50 wav files for the kick, 50 for the snare) or to convert samples to single hit dsnd files (50 different kick drums to 50 dsnd files) ?

If you have wav files for each articulations as a single wav file containing all the samples it's possible to convert a whole kit to dsnd with SDSE.
- (edit: optional with the latest version) The filenames need to contain zone names like kick1, snare1 (name - kick1.wav or kick1 - name.wav)
- put the files in the "SDSE Sounds" folder and click Convert

(edit)

I sent you a PM with the latest work in progress, it can batch convert wav files to dsnd in different situations :)

- wav files (containing one or several hits) to dsnd files. With zone names to get several zones, or with any filename to convert each wav file to a corresponding dsnd file.
or
- folders, each containing wav samples for one zone.

It's not necessary to rename the files to convert to single zone dsnd files, but it's required to convert to a dsnd with several zones (tom1, tom1 rim)

nocturnodrummer

Hello Lustar  :rock:

Thanks for taking the initiative!

It works just like you described  ;D But that is not what I had in mind... :)

There are tons of free samples out there to download. And they are single hit wave file, each is a different sound - not a different velocity layer but different sample, distinct sound. For instance, I download some electro pack drums and have several folder like Kick, Snare, Claps, hats etc. Each folder contains for instance 30 different single hit wave files.

What I want to achieve is select a folder and it will export each wave file, as a single dsnd file.

What you did is dsound finds a folder and packs all the waves from one folder into one multi layered dsnd files. Thats a perfect solution for sound packs that have different waves for different velocities.

But in my case, each wave file is just another sample.

I'm not sure if this can be achieved in dsoundtool because it looks at folder in a way that 'one folder = one instrument with different velocity samples'

I would like it to interpet 'one wave file = one dsnd file with only one sample'

I'm in a hurry now, so my post is a mess, sorry for that. Hit my a PM if you have question, I will try to contact you ASAP.

Cheers bro and thanks!  :drum1:

Lustar

It's actually what I understood at first, it can do it :) If you have 30 single hit wav files that you want to convert to 30 .dsnd, it's possible. You'll just have to copy the 30 wav files in the "SDSE Sounds" folder and click Convert and it will convert each one to a .dsnd file.

hossa

Hi Lustar, could you tell me what I do wrong? I want to do exactly the same thing with SDSE, convert one hit files to one hit dsnd files... (no multiply velocity layers) I put the sounds to SDSE sound and hit convert button but it says "nothing to convert!" Is this a limit of evalution version as I haven't bought SDSE yet or do I need to adjust options?

Lustar

Hi hossa, it's a feature of the full version, it's normal that it didn't work with the evaluation version. I will add a message about it to make it clear.

hossa

Ok lol. Thanks for making it clear! Have to buy your program soon, it's awesome that you've made a program like SDSE, saves so much time either if you are exporting vst samples or batch converting wavs!