News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Will Pintech VisuLite Hi Hats work?

Started by jsnkc, May 22, 2015, 06:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsnkc

I don't own a 2box yet, I am just looking at them, but I have what might be a stupid question.  On the back of the box I only see 1 input for a hi-hat.  I have 2 cables coming out of my VisuLite hi-hats...would I be able to use them with the 2box...and if so, how?  On my Alesis DM10 module there is a separate input for the Hi-Hat trigger and another for the pedal.

Coda

All other drum modules that I know of, use 2 inputs for HH. One for the actual thing you hit, and another for the position sensing.
The 2box is different, it uses one input (actually one stereo input) for both piezo and switch of the cymbal you use, plus the controller.
Almost any HH cymbal works on the 2box, but you need to make or buy a HH controller board. Your cymbal plugs into this, and then you plug the board into the 2box (the controller sits in-between).

jsnkc

Thats a bummer.  I was really ready to pull the trigger and buy one of these if it wasn't for this hi-hat issue.  I'm not a very technical person and would have no idea how to make anything like that.   

InTheBox

From what I understand you can buy a box from our very own 2box wizard, Jman, that will make that hihat work.

Coda

Yeah, I was going to mention JMAN but forgot. You can see the stuff he does at http://www.stealthdrums.com/

welshsteve

Quote from: jsnkc on May 22, 2015, 05:23:45 PM
Thats a bummer.  I was really ready to pull the trigger and buy one of these if it wasn't for this hi-hat issue.  I'm not a very technical person and would have no idea how to make anything like that.
As mentioned, Jman has a brilliant work round. It might actually be even better than than the 2box method and you get to keep the visualities!
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!