News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2010 - Anaheim California

Started by Scottie, January 15, 2010, 10:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manfred

Hi,

i think i wouldn't buy it until it doesn't support the upper side of the kick pad. In my opinion the fixation of the kick drum is to shaky. If I want to make the set more steady i would use a different holder for the snare (already ordered) and strengthen the rack with some parts from dixon like carlomagno did.

Manfred

puttenvr

Is it a bull bar?

Bur seriously: what's the function of it? Not many drummers complain about a swinging rack, although they initially thought it would swing like a hell. So for me: no thnx

I see there is a new gray hihat as well?
And what about the modules selling individually? A need one desperately

roel

I like that orange optional strut bar for the Rack looks great I say keep it that way :rock:

Scottie

Hi everyone

OK, Thanks for all the feedback  ;D I have passed these thoughts on to Bengt at 2box.

I am hoping that i will be able to post a couple more pictures today of some other bits for you  ;)

Thanks again
Scott

roel

If they really want to make the rack more stable than have a look on the pictures from carlomagno what he did with the tubes from dixon.I think it looks way better.but I also like the new orange bar.

puttenvr

''Looking better'' is something different than ''being stable''
How many complaints are there about the 2box rack?
Count them for me, please (one hand is enhough)

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 16, 2010, 06:30:58 PM

it makes it also sturdier, there also are 2box owners who modify their 2box-rack.

nonoduweb

Hi

I found some little news here:

http://web.me.com/julianlove/Site_2/NAMM_pt4.html

hwasser

Quote from: nonoduweb on January 18, 2010, 06:32:07 AM
Hi

Read the Pearl E-pro review, and my first thought was:

The pearl E-pro seems to be a modified Alesis dm10.

Read on pearls forum:

Originally Posted by HellfireDrums
Assuming the firmware is 100% the same as the Alesis DM10, the answer is the heads. The DM10 can handle piezo/piezo or piezo/switch type pads. It looks as if Pearl opted for the piezo/switch. Some people are not going to like that....

The price range? - like the roland td-12 set

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on January 16, 2010, 06:44:50 PM
it makes it also sturdier,

How do you know? You even don't own a 2box
Roel, you're lurking around here and jump into conclusions without any own experciences all the time
You're probably a nice guy, but please stop that

Calimero

Quote from: puttenvr on January 16, 2010, 06:30:58 PM

the 'complaints' can be found here,
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,32.0.html
And in much reviews it becomes clear to me that the rack might not fall over yet it is not it's strongest selling point.
I don't have to own a set to come to that conclusion.

NeilC

I'll settle this! haha  ;D

I am a very VERY hard hitter - certainly on an acoustic kit, so it must transpire slightly on an eKit.

I can safely say that if built properly, there are absolutely no issues with the rack at all. You get a very minimal wobble, like you do with toms etc on an acoustic kit, so why should eKit be any diffferent, it doesn't move, it doesn't fall over, it doesn't loosen. Even the HH stand and snare stand are solid.

When I play live on acoustic kit, a lot of the time in a small venue the engineer doesn't put any of my snare through the PA, I have even been asked to not play as hard - yet me snare does not budge on the standard 2box stand.

Just ensure you have spent the time to build the rack properly before saying that the rack is bad.

The only thing that could improve would be a strut bar that connects to the kick drum to stop rebounce.

Stability isn't an issue. I'm also on a 1st Generation kit - and even the HH was fine even though I do use my Pearl one (better than leaving it lying around and I am use to it)

So there you go!  :drum3:

Alex

Quote from: nonoduweb on January 18, 2010, 06:32:07 AM
Hi

At the risk of sounding like a total pervert does anyone know who that girl is?

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 18, 2010, 09:47:46 AM
How do you know? You even don't own a 2box
Roel, you're lurking around here and jump into conclusions without any own experciences all the time
You're probably a nice guy, but please stop that

Ok than puttenvr I will find it out when I got my 2box... But what Iam trying to say is that it was my own expiercience with the 2box rack after I played it 6 times,maby they did not setup the rack correctly by feedback rotterdam.sure I will findout when I got my own set, so sorry for the negative comments here.

UC