News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

NAMM 2010 - Anaheim California

Started by Scottie, January 15, 2010, 10:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottie

Hi Everyone

Well seeing as most of us here haven't got the chance to go to Namm this year, i thought that i would bring it to you ;D

I am hoping to be able to update this page over the next couple of days with new pictures and info.

Optional strut bar

So to start with here is a picture of an optional strut bar for the Rack. This item is something we are contemplating having manufatured, but we wanted to get some feedback first, and who better to ask then the DrumIt Five community:

I dont have any pricing at the moment, but is this something that DrumIt Five user's would be interested in?

Look forward to your feedback  :)

Thanks
Scott

Alex

Not sure about the orange, I think the rack should stay silver. I'd buy it if it were cheap, the rack isn't so steady after taking out the snare bracket and replacing with a proper stand.

NeilC

Hey Scottie! Love the orangeness of that bar!

My thoughts: if the top of the kick could somehow connect to that cross bar to stop the physical bounce/rebounce then this would be a worthwhile bit of kit.

If it's just for making the rack more sturdy, I dont think it will have much effect? I may be wrong.

nonoduweb

For my part, I think it's very nice.  :)

tjemeu

I think the whole rack should be orange! :)

I've only played the demo version of the 2box, because I'm still waiting for the next shipment, but I think the top of the bassdrum should be mounted to this extra bar. The bassdrum of the kit that I played double triggered because it was bouncing back at the beater.

patbat

Yes, I agree : if the top of the bass drum pad could be connected
to that bar, I would buy it.

UC

Yep, adding support for the kick on the middle sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm using seperate snare and HH stands, so I've got my rack set up with the two shorter bars doubled-up on the right hand side, supporting floor-tom, ride and brain and some DD4 bits. Does seem to add overall stability.

UC

Quote from: tjemeu on January 15, 2010, 11:04:48 AM
I think the whole rack should be orange! :)

Hmmm...

(quick and dirty mock-up)

It's certainly....proud!

tjemeu

goony

I likes that orange bar, and that mock up of the whole orange racks looks cool as well..

UC

yeah, I reckon it's all or nothing with the orange rack

tjemeu

True, but on the other hand, if only the optional bar is orange it looks very optional!

UC

You know what, I think I'd get one either way :)

NeilC

I wouldn't I dont think unless it did hold the kick drum. Looking at my set up at home (still using the snare arm) this extra bar wouldn't offer any more to my set up...

If it hold ths kick though, they're onto a winner!

goony

anything that makes the rack a little sturdier cannot be a bad thing either..