News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Fist impressions on US market drumit

Started by ted, June 08, 2015, 02:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ted

Hi there,
Got my US 2box kit 3 days ago, this is the unit with the rubber pads (don´t know if there is anything else different in the US unit).
This is my first e-drum but I have been drumming for the last 15 years, setup was a breeze...not more than 2 hours for the whole rack, pads and wiring. Very easy and intuitive.
After turning the unit on and calibrating the hi-hat I was simply blown away by the sound quality in the samples.... after some hours tweaking pad response and volumes I am just way impressed with the feel and response of the triggers, rubber pads and controller. Noise level is very high with the rubber pads (682s on the way) but the feel is very nice.  Overall an amazing system setup.

Now the bad...
Trigger (piezo) hardware.  After one day (moderate player, not hard) I lost rim trigger on the floor tom... Already tried swapping cables and input on controller and all indicates to defective trigger...no response at all from rim. Problem is that I am in Panama and it will not be easy to ship back unit and wait for warranty so I will probably have to fix this hopefully with some help from you guys.

Operating System.  Yesterday I did an update to version 1.3.... followed instructions and installation was good. The problem is that cymbal response changed, under UNIT - TRIGGER I now have CYM12 and CYM14 but none seem to have bell and bow response is inconsistent.  Anyone have any suggestions or know what happened to the other cymbal TRIG options?

The good is very good, and if I can solve both problems I have I will be a very happy e-drummer.

Regards,
Teddy

Jman

Quote from: ted on June 08, 2015, 02:20:08 PM
Operating System.  Yesterday I did an update to version 1.3.... followed instructions and installation was good. The problem is that cymbal response changed, under UNIT - TRIGGER I now have CYM12 and CYM14 but none seem to have bell and bow response is inconsistent.  Anyone have any suggestions or know what happened to the other cymbal TRIG options?

The good is very good, and if I can solve both problems I have I will be a very happy e-drummer.

Regards,
Teddy
Not sure what happened, but when you update to OS 1.3 you get some new trigger choices, but none of your original settings should have changed, because you do not delete anything from the module when updating. If you press and hold Kit and More you will see a list of trigger banks. Make sure that is the trigger bank selected. The top bank DrumIt is your original settings you were on before the upgrade.
My reply in this thread reflects the way the manual explains how to setup Bow/Bell trigger parameters on the cymbals. http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1855.msg16585.html#msg16585
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/