News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

32GB Card Upgrade - File size change when transferred

Started by castleworks1, April 10, 2015, 02:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

castleworks1

Hello 2Boxers,

I did the 32GB card upgrade and noticed the file sizes of the original files are larger than the ones copied onto the new compatible 32GB card.  This seems to also prevent the Sound Editor to load properly as I get an error upon start up that it can't load/read the drumkit.   Has anyone else had this problem and/or know how to resolve it?

I'm on a Mac 10.6.8 if it matters.

Thanks!

StudioG4

Are you trying to read the card while it is in the 2Box or did you remove the card from the 2Box and are reading the card directly in your computer?

castleworks1

Thanks for your response.  I have tried it both ways with same result.

Lustar

If the problems started after accessing the card through USB it's likely to be the reason. With a 32GB card you'll need to use a card reader on your computer, it should never be accessed through USB. The good news is that it's easy to fix, look here: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1816.msg18588.html#msg18588

castleworks1

How did I miss that?  ;)  That's interesting because the card behaves fine in the module.  One other thing worth mentioning is when I run the original card in a reader and copy the files to a backup folder on my mac drive, the individual file sizes still shrink.  I don't get it...  :(

I'll reformat my 32gb and start from scratch and see what happens.

Thanks for your response!

-Kristin

geo

The shrinking files are most likely due to sector sizes. The sector size on your mac drive will be smaller than that on the SD card, and will allow the files to naturally compress/fit in neater. Nothing to worry about.