News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

GAS, How to determine if you have it.

Started by Jman, May 02, 2015, 04:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

GAS: Gear Acquisition Syndrome (for those unfamiliar with the abbreviation).

This is something I have been afflicted with for many years. It has manifested with electronic drums and accessories, but it is an infectious disease and can spread. VST software was a natural out cropping for me. PA gear when I wasn't even playing out, mixing boards, monitors, Amp gear, stacks of headphones, recording gear, enough spare hardware to build another 3 kits ...... etc., etc. ......

This morning I was thinking about how one might know if they had contracted GAS.

For me here is one example. I own so much Edrum gear it fills half my California room, and I have built an additional storage shelving level in my Garage just to store my additional Edrum gear. I have been playing the drums very little for the last couple years. Mainly I play when testing out new projects or equiptment I am building/developing. And still I have already decided I will buy the latest Drumit Three module when it is available.

Today when I was thinking about whether I had another module mount laying around and whether to check the internet for purchasing a module mount for a module that I do not own ..... a mount for a module that has not even been released ........ well, I thought ...... that just could be GAS ......  ;D

Do you have GAS? Here is your chance to CONFESS! ....... LOL  ;D

OK, now that I got that off my chest I feel better ...... now I think I will go check eBay for that module mount. ;)
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

fulrmr

You can always tell if you have GAS by the constant smell.........of fresh cardboard, bubble wrap and new gear. ;)

Jman

Quote from: fulrmr on May 02, 2015, 04:47:39 PM
You can always tell if you have GAS by the constant smell.........of fresh cardboard, bubble wrap and new gear. ;)
I kind of expected you to show up in this thread  ;D

Murgen

I hide my GAS purchases by putting them directly in my drum-cabin aka men's cave but now I have to store my acoustic kit downstairs in bags because I was running out of space.

I'm afraid my next objective is an Apple Watch but it is not for sale in my country yet.

It is not just drums, I also collected battle ready swords when I was training medieval combat.

Sometimes is it hard to be a man. :D
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on May 02, 2015, 05:45:25 PM
I hide my GAS purchases by putting them directly in my drum-cabin aka men's cave but now I have to store my acoustic kit downstairs in bags because I was running out of space.

I'm afraid my next objective is an Apple Watch but it is not for sale in my country yet.

It is not just drums, I also collected battle ready swords when I was training medieval combat.

Sometimes is it hard to be a man. :D
Galaxy Gear II for me .... it is actually pretty useful for me .... when I am working in the shop and my phone is in the other room I get my message notifications and actually answer calls on the wrist. I have the Matrix face on today.

Murgen

Quote from: Jman on May 02, 2015, 05:58:28 PM
Galaxy Gear II for me .... it is actually pretty useful for me .... when I am working in the shop and my phone is in the other room I get my message notifications and actually answer calls on the wrist. I have the Matrix face on today.

Nice!
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012