News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Getting Old

Started by Dashriprock, April 22, 2015, 04:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dashriprock

A question to Mature Drummers,At what age should one expect to slow down or lose some chops,energy is so important and gets harder as we age.

StudioG4

We can't stop getting older, and with it maybe not able to play quite so many notes to the beat but taste develops and matures with age. Sometimes less is more (the architect in me talking). And, if you have to, you can always turn up the sensitivity and hit softer. We're electronic after all.

wildhorse5678

As of last week I'm 63, and when i started drumming regularly again after a 30 year break a few years ago it wasnt the playing that was a problem , but carting a kit about. Id be knackered before the gig started. Thats the main reason i switched to edrums from acoustic. First with a roland. Td6v which was easy to transport. But i now use 2box which to be honest is not as easy to assembly .... But the playing experience is as good if not better than an acoustic set, because without the shells in the way , i find i can get closer configuration of the drums, and fills around the kit can be done quicker.  I dont think its merely age itself that would cause slowing down , but physical deteriation and on set of arthritis in hands etc.