News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Canadian roll call?

Started by Poonicorn, March 08, 2013, 09:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonicorn

Hey just looking for any and all canadian 2box users out there!

It's a bit of a rarity out here it seems, would be cool to compare notes, share settings or sounds, and maybe hold each others hands for SD card mods and other scary adventures!

I'm in Toronto Canada, anyone out there?

asmwilliams

sfallows

I'm a 2box user in Calgary, AB.

Poonicorn

Sweet!   Sounds pretty awesome I must say, but I'm not in love with the high hats lol. 

At least there's 3 of us now!

mcrackins

Hey Guys,

Vancouverite here. Did you guys buy your kits from L&M or elswhere? Were you able to actually demo the 2box kit, or just went for it. L&M has no demo kits at any of there BC stores.

Poonicorn

Hi welcome to the thread!

I bought mine from l&m and there was no demo.  I was actually researching roland kits when the 2box name started popping up everywhere.  So I basically swung a crazy deal and just bought with fingers crossed.

So far so good, the hi hat is troublesome as mentioned, but the big pad sizes and great module sounds keep me happy!

Next challenge is getting it nice and clear through my pa lol

Goodrock

I'm from Toronto. Just got my 2box and loving it

hotchap

lktree

Anvil123

Yup.  Vancouver.  Love it.  Always learning more about 2box... just got outputs going to interface for recording... Sounds amazing!  In the past have recorded in studio and got to say these drums sound amazing!  No buying new heads, always retuning, plus have so many classic and customizable sounds... wow.

Hey Mom, look at me, I can record my drums without disturbing anyone!  Actually my Mom passed away years ago, but she certainly would have loved me learning on these babies!  Bought module at L&M, hi hat conversion through Jman, Quartzpercussion triggers - y-cable - 8 drums, 6 cymbals and hi hat... way fun!

Yes another Canuck here :)

Enjoy.

mcrackins

Shock!....Long & McQuade had 2box stock??
My kit was on backorder for a year until I gave up on them and ordered from States. I went in a few weeks ago to ask about getting a backup AC adapter ordered from Efkay. Still waiting for the response.
Cool to see another BC'er with a 2box kit.

Quote from: Anvil123 on February 03, 2015, 07:14:44 PM
Yup.  Vancouver.  Love it.  Always learning more about 2box... just got outputs going to interface for recording... Sounds amazing!  In the past have recorded in studio and got to say these drums sound amazing!  No buying new heads, always retuning, plus have so many classic and customizable sounds... wow.

Hey Mom, look at me, I can record my drums without disturbing anyone!  Actually my Mom passed away years ago, but she certainly would have loved me learning on these babies!  Bought module at L&M, hi hat conversion through Jman, Quartzpercussion triggers - y-cable - 8 drums, 6 cymbals and hi hat... way fun!

Yes another Canuck here :)

Enjoy.

Anvil123

Hey Mckackins and 2boxers, when I ordered from L&M, I knew 2box had just made a new batch - module arrived in less than two weeks!  I researched 2box after seeing one on local Craigslist.  My big learning curve is getting to know computer operations and kit editor on Mac.  I did the 32GB mod... just am tweaking BFD3 in Reaper - did it on my own... always learning :)  Could play with this forever, just now need to prioritize and get some tracks recorded... so excited about finally getting an interface to handle all 2box outputs and other instruments simultaneously! 

Good luck on the adapter.  Do you play in a band locally?

drumsonly2002

Right now using a DDrum 4 but checking 2box out at L&M tomorrow. I use the DDrum 4 live. The module gave out last week at a gig, but had a back up DDrum 4 module. If I can cop a 2 box I'm in. Live in Halifax N.S., Canada.

mcrackins

Quote from: Anvil123 on February 08, 2015, 08:07:56 PM
Hey Mckackins and 2boxers, when I ordered from L&M, I knew 2box had just made a new batch - module arrived in less than two weeks!  I researched 2box after seeing one on local Craigslist.  My big learning curve is getting to know computer operations and kit editor on Mac.  I did the 32GB mod... just am tweaking BFD3 in Reaper - did it on my own... always learning :)  Could play with this forever, just now need to prioritize and get some tracks recorded... so excited about finally getting an interface to handle all 2box outputs and other instruments simultaneously! 

Good luck on the adapter.  Do you play in a band locally?

Wow, I went through hell trying to get mine last year...finally gave up after a year on back order and bought it in the States. What L&M did you get yours through...I'm guessing yours is a recent purchase? I had ordered at the POCO L&M, really nice guys and they tried like hell to get a kit in for me, but it was just held up with so many delays from 2box and the distributor.

I'm really happy with the Focusrite 18i8 USB interface I got. Ties into my Studio One DAW really nicely. Once you get everything settled, I highly recommend creating a song template on your DAW with all the inputs allocated from your 2box. I did this just before the start of recording the present album I'm working on. What a time saver! The best thing is being able to take your time drumming. I've always had to barrell through and albums worth of drum tracks in one night  in past bands album projects. With this, it sounds great and you can take your time without any pressures.

I've played in several local bands over the years...Mcrackins being one of them for several years, we mostly played/focused on Europe. Right now I have a new hard rock project/band that I'm recording called Dirtbag Republic. The whole album is 2box using a combo of kits from Steve Slate 4 Platinum.

You playing with anyone locally, or just doing your own thing?

Anvil123

Hi Mc,

Great Man!

Recording now... 12 songs released by the end of the year.  4 song EP coming soon... just securing band name... getting website going... that work thing keeps getting in the way :)

Band mate is from England... played in India as well... we have a unique sound... will let you know when songs are mastered.

Keep on rockIn'!