News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rumours from 2box at the Music Fair in Frankfurt

Started by edcito, April 16, 2015, 07:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jman

Quote from: chris k on April 21, 2015, 06:39:09 PM
Ok, and the Roland Vh-12 VH- 13 can works or need the mod?  How about the Alesis Pro X hiihat HIHAT can works?
VH-11, 12, 13 .... would all work, but you would need my 2Box HH stand conversion kit: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
The Alesis Pro X HH cymbal would also work if used with my 2Box HH stand conversion kit. The one shortcoming of the Alesis Pro X hat is the fact it is a single zone HH cymbal. So it will work but you would not have dual zone.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Chrisk

Quote from: Jman on April 21, 2015, 08:53:09 PM
VH-11, 12, 13 .... would all work, but you would need my 2Box HH stand conversion kit: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
The Alesis Pro X HH cymbal would also work if used with my 2Box HH stand conversion kit. The one shortcoming of the Alesis Pro X hat is the fact it is a single zone HH cymbal. So it will work but you would not have dual zone.

Perfect, now just remain if the card mod will works with Drumit 3

Jman

Quote from: chris k on April 22, 2015, 12:21:20 AM
Perfect, now just remain if the card mod will works with Drumit 3
I am pretty confident about that. I have a feeling the PCB will have a very similar layout and it will be a question of how easily the ribbon cable can be installed without modifying the case. Shame on me, talking about doing a mod on a product that isn't even available yet......  ;D

rhysT

Quote from: Jman on April 22, 2015, 01:18:10 AM
I am pretty confident about that. I have a feeling the PCB will have a very similar layout and it will be a question of how easily the ribbon cable can be installed without modifying the case. Shame on me, talking about doing a mod on a product that isn't even available yet......  ;D
Hey Jman, you're just stating what most of us are thinking. Surely 2box realize the 32GB SD expansion is a potential deal maker/breaker, and should allow for SD extender ribbon access (without voiding the warranty).
I'd also like the Drumit3 to have a bigger control knob as there's enough clearance for it.
They've prob'ly learnt from Apple, etc that some of us prefer other colors and designed the module to be easily reskinned below the panel.

ANGR77

Regarding the 32GB mod...2Box have had problems in the past to source the right working SD cards...just as we "mods"...the fear right now is if 2Box is mowing away completely from SD cards in the Three design and replace the memory design with a conventional fixed memory.

Just a thought...I am hoping I am wrong. :-)

Angr77
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com

Murgen

Quote from: ANGR77 on April 22, 2015, 05:57:36 AM
Regarding the 32GB mod...2Box have had problems in the past to source the right working SD cards...just as we "mods"...the fear right now is if 2Box is mowing away completely from SD cards in the Three design and replace the memory design with a conventional fixed memory.

Just a thought...I am hoping I am wrong. :-)

Angr77

My thoughts exactly. Flash is cheap nowadays. However, if it is what they say it is it will be an SD. And Drumit6 will have the new design with flash or ssd.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

fulrmr

Quote from: chris k on April 21, 2015, 06:39:09 PM
Ok, and the Roland Vh-12 VH- 13 can works or need the mod?  How about the Alesis Pro X hiihat HIHAT can works?

All of these will need the controller box mod but the top portion of these them can be used as the trigger pad itself.

Jman

One of the biggest innovations with the 2Box module is the way the dsnds will load and play directly from an SD card without latency. The card specs are critical, but with the right card no problem. Since it is possible to screw that up with the wrong card or accessing the module via USB with a card larger than 4GB I'm pretty sure all will remain the same on the new module and no external card slot ..... I would not expect that to change in the Drumit Three.  Solid State Drives are still more expensive and I don't know that at this point it would be feasible to accomplish even what the 2Box is doing already on the SD cards .... So, this might be a direction in the future, I'm sure we won't be seeing that in the next 2Box module.

I think it is going to be a very cool new thing though ...... a very reasonably priced module with the same sound quality and input capability as the Drumit Five .... a price range that will just blow anything in that range away ....... and as many of us already know .... sound quality wise .... it will blow away modules even at double or triple the price.  BOOYAH!  :patbat2box:

Murgen

My avatar is a prophetic one; Orange is the new Black.  :rock:
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Chrisk

Quote from: Jman on April 22, 2015, 01:18:10 AM

for 2box Alesis pad\cymbal and Yamaha pad and cymbal works?

edtc

Quote from: chris k on March 02, 2016, 04:37:29 AM
for 2box Alesis pad\cymbal and Yamaha pad and cymbal works?

exept the hihat that is specific to 2BOX , any pad or cymbal will work ... Rubber pads with Switch for the RIM ( PD7 PD8 ... )will work just for the head sound ...

Many topics about that in the forum ... and there is a search button somewhere ...

here s one ...
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,2766.msg23203.html#msg23203