News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

What is your best advice for 2 additional cymbals

Started by hasanacar, December 24, 2015, 03:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanacar

Hello guys,

What's your best configuration advice for additional 2 cymbals, 1 crash and 1 splash may be.. Any brands, bundles, reasonably priced units. And how should I connect them ?

Thanks.

nocturnodrummer

I did DIY one zone cymbals very easy and they work great. If you want ready made solutions, many people recommend kit toy cymbals:

http://kit-toys.96.lt/

dboomer

Use y-cords plugged into your toms. Then reassign the rim sound of the toms to be the cymbals of your choice.

Coda

Quote from: hasanacar on December 24, 2015, 03:46:15 PM
Hello guys,

What's your best configuration advice for additional 2 cymbals, 1 crash and 1 splash may be.. Any brands, bundles, reasonably priced units. And how should I connect them ?
I don't know where in the world you are, but in EU you can buy new some cheap meinls from Thomann, like â,¬20, add a piezo and a jack, and you're done (apart from the tom rim splitter which you can buy or make). Assuming you just want single zone (edge of a crash/splash for example). Other option is used cymbals off evilbay or craigslist etc (it dont matter how they sound).

hasanacar

Thanks for the answers and sorry for late response :)

As I sold my ex drum, roland td 11 kv, I had to kiss goodbye to my additional roland cymbals which I used to to use with my 2 box kit.. :(

I tried t reach kit-toys guys, but no response over e-mail I am in Turkey, istanbul .

I would appreciate anyone  in UK , who can confirm that they are still working and can ship cymbals to Turkey  ? :)

Thanks.

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Coda on February 29, 2016, 10:25:16 AM
I thought kit-toys went under.
He's still around, but it's very much part-time and he seems to churn out a batch and then drop off the radar.