News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland VH-11 With 2box Module

Started by zorg, April 03, 2015, 02:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zorg

Hi there, my name is Jason and im new to here and E-drums. I have roland pdx-100, and pdx8 pads that work with the 2box module well but when I hit the rim of either Tom 1 & 2 only they seem to set off the cymbal noises. Iv'e tried some stuff but still makes the noise..How to stop it or how to turn off the rims for the tom pads??...Plus I have a VH-11 Hi-Hat and really wanted it to work with the 2box module has anyone done this or know how to make it work? do I have to split the 2box Hi-Hat wire & plus into 2 like the roland one???

Cheers Jason.

Jman

Quote from: zorg on April 03, 2015, 02:44:22 AM
Hi there, my name is Jason and im new to here and E-drums. I have roland pdx-100, and pdx8 pads that work with the 2box module well but when I hit the rim of either Tom 1 & 2 only they seem to set off the cymbal noises. Iv'e tried some stuff but still makes the noise..How to stop it or how to turn off the rims for the tom pads??...Plus I have a VH-11 Hi-Hat and really wanted it to work with the 2box module has anyone done this or know how to make it work? do I have to split the 2box Hi-Hat wire & plus into 2 like the roland one???

Cheers Jason.
For using the VH-11 with the 2Box module you can look at my ad here:
http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
Just send me a PM if that is of interest.

Your problem with triggering cymbal sounds from the drum rims: Do you have cymbals on your kit? If so what cymbals, and where are they mounted? Because it sounds like a crosstalk problem. Or do you actually have your tom rim sounds set to cymbal sounds? More info needed. J
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

zorg

Cool cheers it does sounds like there's crosstalk as I don't have the rims set to cymbals. I have them set to the pad sound...The only thing is with your ad is that I'm in New Zealand not US or anything close..Plus is the 2box module have really better sounds then the TD15 module??

Jase.

Jman

Quote from: zorg on April 03, 2015, 05:32:52 AM
Cool cheers it does sounds like there's crosstalk as I don't have the rims set to cymbals. I have them set to the pad sound...The only thing is with your ad is that I'm in New Zealand not US or anything close..Plus is the 2box module have really better sounds then the TD15 module??

Jase.
I ship all over the world. I sent you a message with more info.
As far as the crosstalk, I would recommend you check the gain, threshold, and crosstalk settings on the cymbals. Raising the threshold and or lowering the gain on the cymbals causing the crosstalk will usually solve the problem. Additionally you have a crosstalk setting of L, M, or H.

As far as sounds with the real sampled drum sounds of the module plus the open sound source the 2Box is way better. I switched from the TD-20x and never had a regret. Even the TD-30 at twice the price isn't even close for me, 2Box is the best.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/