News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Tama Iron Cobra and 2box

Started by stargazer, March 29, 2015, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargazer

Hello.

Do you know if it's possible to use the double Iron Cobra pedal (HP900PTW) on the single kick pad of the 2box?

Murgen

Quote from: stargazer on March 29, 2015, 09:28:55 AM
Hello.

Do you know if it's possible to use the double Iron Cobra pedal (HP900PTW) on the single kick pad of the 2box?

Should not be an issue, it is a 14 inch pad.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

stargazer

ok cool!

Because I have seen 2box sets with 2 kick pads. Is it just to look more cool or it can handle double pedals more efficiently? For example proper triggering, instead of 2 beater hitting the same pad.

Murgen

Quote from: stargazer on March 29, 2015, 09:50:17 AM
ok cool!

Because I have seen 2box sets with 2 kick pads. Is it just to look more cool or it can handle double pedals more efficiently? For example proper triggering, instead of 2 beater hitting the same pad.

I never read a discussion about this. From my own experience I know setting up the kick is not hard. Until you decide to change to a different beater of head. I use a wooden beater on double ply mesh from 682drums. Took me some time to figure out how to get rid of a double trigger cause by a light rebound. Settings solved the issue.

2 kicks or double pedals is imho a matter of personal taste. The rack and the kick can handle both fine. 2 kicks means positioning them in the corners of the rack, giving you more options to secure the kickpads against wobbling effects.

Maybe others can chime in here?
--------

stargazer

If it's a twin pedal maybe it's easier to be used in a single kick pad in order no to disassemble and re-assemble again when it is used between physical set and 2box.

geo

Do you split the cable Murgen, or just use two inputs? If split. how? Stereo M to 2x mono F, then mono M to duplicate mono F off one of those?

Murgen

2 inputs but I play single pedal now.
--------

stargazer

In case, that both beater hit the same pad, will it hold?

Murgen

Quote from: stargazer on March 31, 2015, 03:14:35 PM
In case, that both beater hit the same pad, will it hold?

Yes, but I secured my kickpad with an extra bar.
--------

stargazer

okay, I see. Is it difficult modification?