News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Serious issue. Need some help.

Started by nathanotis, March 24, 2015, 02:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanotis

Hello all. Forgive my tone, I'm a TOUCH frustrated.

On the eve of the sale of my drumit 5, I'm having my second issue with this kit.

I had it sold a couple weeks ago, but the hi-hat sensor went out during the demo to the prospective buyer. It wouldn't register open vs closed. Sent it back under warranty and it's been returned in good working order. I tested it and everything was great.

I call said buyer, who is still interested, and he's coming by tomorrow. I'm getting everything set up tonight and now there's no volume. Thinking it was a setting a screwed up, I loaded freshly downloaded dkit and bin files, reset the entire unit, checked 2 sets of phones, 4 different 1/4" to 1/8" adapters, plugged in an external speaker, shot canned air into the phones jack, even tried plugging power into a different socket.

After all that, what happens is this. I power on the unit and wait for it to get to the kit screen. I play the snare while slowly turning up the volume knob. I can hear the snare FAINTLY, but it fades and distorts quickly til I can hear nothing.

Please tell me this is something stupid that I'm doing and that I don't have to send the brain back to 2Box.

nathanotis

Figured it out. It was something stupid that I was doing.

While setting up the drums, I picked up the wrong power adapter. Found the right one, plugged it in and boom...

Stuff works like it should.

Murgen

Quote from: nathanotis on March 24, 2015, 03:07:40 AM
Figured it out. It was something stupid that I was doing.

While setting up the drums, I picked up the wrong power adapter. Found the right one, plugged it in and boom...

Stuff works like it should.

Lucky you did not blew it up ....
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012