News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

2box newbie report

Started by jeff42, March 22, 2015, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff42

As some of you know I am a roland fanboy who bought a 2box module in January and was really disappointed at first. I just couldnt get it to work and sound like it should.... Every gig something else happened with it that got me thinking this 2box thing just isnt for me. I spent a long annoying hours working with the module- buying software, buying other 3rd party hardware, spending IMO way too much $$$ and asking tons of questions to get it to sound right.

So last week I made a decision... It all came down to last nights gig at an A-list room in my area with an awesome PA system and professional soundman. If it didnt perform to my satisfaction I was going to sell it and just go back to my roland td-12 for the time being.

I am happy to report I will be keeping then 2box.  :patbat2box:

Ok even though There still needs to be some minor tweaks made with the settings- the 2box finally SINGS!!! I spend yesterday afternoon going through everything (again) and really digging through it all, adjusting and tweaking and yes pulling my hair out... I think I got it. Mostly. There is always room for improvement but these DONT sound like E drums anymore. They sound BETTER!

The combo of a big awesome PA & great soundman (both provided by the venue) really did it! My kit sounded HUGE last night! The guys in the band have been saying the 2box sounds pretty good before but last night the difference between my td-12 and the 2box was very obvious. A word of advice to anyone thinking of getting a 2box to play live. You are going to put a ton of hours into it learning, experimenting and getting it to sound great live. Once you do though... its sweet. Jman's hihat mod is a must as is a really good hihat stand and a good PA. A co-worker shot some video of us and I can't wait to get it from him tomorrow. As soon as I do I will post it. BIG THANKS to everyone that helped and made suggestions to help me NOT throw that ORANGE box off the wall! Or sell it back.

Murgen

I admire your perciference and it paid off. Gigging is always a challenge and you did it. I feel happy now!  :)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

edcito

Great, now the next step for you is to export some really nice drums with SDSE and a VST of your choice. :animal:

jeff42

I did that awhile back with SD2.0

SDSE is an awesome tool!