News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Pintech E-cymbals

Started by Denus, February 18, 2012, 01:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denus

I'm looking for an alternative for the 2box cymbals (for in the future).

I searched the web for hours and couldn't find much other that the famous brands like Roland and Yamaha or the cheaper Millenium pads. The Alesis Surge cymbals are quite expensive, difficult to find and there're a lot of complaints about those too.

Now, one brand seems to be attractive: Pintech.

The PC or the ZB series seems to be quite solid, available in different formats (10", 14", 18") and functionalities: single zone, dual zone and a 3 zone for the PC Ride cymbal.
The hihat is a 14" pair with a VisuLite Controller for $264 (vs Roland VH-12 for approx. $650!).

As long as you stay away from the high end VisuLite Pro series, the prices are relatively low, compared to Roland or Yamaha (or 2box for that matter)

http://www.hopedrums.com/Pintech%20Cymbals.htm

The Pintech PR is quite lame to say the least (check Youtube or the site), but if the products are good, I don't care that much about a shinny show.

Does someone has some experience with those products?

digitalDrummer

Various Pintech models have been covered in all our cymbal reviews - stick noise, crashes and rides. check out www.digitaldrummermag.com

Denus

You're right: I subscribed to the mag, and I must say that I should have done that earlier.
I love it!

The test is showing that the Pitech cymbals are a great value for the money.
At least, these cymbals are not like you're hitting a tree bark (which is the feeling I have now)

The ZB series (same as the PC series but with a rubber layer on top of it) are often missing in the reviews.
But the rubber will again add the "tree bark" feeling.

adamatpintechworld

Hi Denus,

We're working to grow our PR. Thanks for the feedback, and thanks for considering us!

-Adam

samfin1991

Don't waste your time on surge cymbals; had them on my TD20 for about a week and took them back. Awful!

Soundmanneal

I have 7 surge cymbals on my 2 box hybrid kit and they work fantastic for me , Im looking for 4 more for a second kit I've just converted.
Theyre expensive, but the look way better than rubber .
Most likely the roland module didn't like them.